• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

B.O.B. - Bug Out Bag

WildWood1965

Staff member
Back on topic now & I if anyone else has any thoughts & ideas on what we should take to get by for 72 hours if there is a " situation " then please feel free to join the discussion ! :thumbsup:

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
a Would like to be at a level of skill to be able to have nothing but a knife or axe.... then work my way back on taking gear with me. Arss from elbow kind of thing.

Ystranc

In the end it's going to depend on the situation you are in, whether you have cashed goods elsewhere and where you are, for instance at this time of year out in the country I could walk out of the house naked as the day I was born and easily survive 72 hours with nothing worse then a few horsefly bites (if social conventions permitted it)
72 hours should easily be do-able with what you can fit in your pocket plus a small sawyer bottle...I guess what I'm trying to say that this isn't about surviving 72 hours, it's about doing it in relative comfort.