• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Back 2 basics meet 21st-23rd October 2022

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi folks,
Back 2 Basics. Outdoor survival and camping are having a meet at their HQ this October, and are extending the invitation to the members of our forum

The meet will be held in Coed y cware woods, llangynog, carmarthen Carmarthenshire.
On the days of Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd, and Sunday 23rd of October 2022.

The woods lies in the North East direction it is mainly spruce and hemlock with the odd Ash, Oak and hazel dotted around.
No trees are to be cut or damaged.
Off road parking available on site.

Regarding the above planned meet.
If any of you who fancy joining us but are unsure of location, protocol etc, please feel free to contact myself @Back2Basics or @Woodlander.
Bring with you what you would normally take for a weekend in the woods Including food, water, sleep system etc. There's plenty of space for Hammocks, tents or ground dwelling.
We do have a large indoor space with huge stove for those that wish to cook their food, and all the pots, pans, plates etc. And a large outdoor open fire pit which we can erect a parachute over should the weather be against us.

We also have an outdoor long drop loo which we would prefer be used as opposed to randomly fertilising the forest 💩⛔🌲🌲🌲.

Please be aware that we in no way hold responsibility for any harm or injury
caused at the meet. If you bring children or pets, please be aware that they are your responsibility and please keep them under control and clean up after them.

We ask for a small donation of £1 per night per person to cover the cost of maintenance of the cabin and woods.

Outside of that we look forward to meeting you and making new friends 😊😎👍

Last edited:
I would certainly like to visit and meet some new faces, I’m already acquainted with Jono and I know the Carmarthen area.
If you’re coming down this way Paul you can take that ivy bole off my hands, it’s sitting drying behind my woodburner.

Last edited:
Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

Well I’m back after an overnighter to the west of Carmarthen, having programmed the Sat Nav the night before I drove strait there with no accidental detours, there was a welcoming fire in the large stove already lit by the Back 2 Basics group members who had already arrived and the kettle was already on the go. The car parking is a little tight but because everyone parked really considerately it wasn’t a problem. There is Two wheel drive access up to a point where there is space for approx seven cars to park and then it gets a bit rougher after the second gate when you continue another one hundred yards on foot along a wide path up the valley. The long drop loo and tree house are brilliant, there is also a cabin which is a work in progress but very, very welcome shelter when it’s persisting down.
There is very little level ground in the valley but there are plenty of mature trees to swing from or string tarps from. The site really isn’t really suited to tents much larger than a pup tent.
I must say that the B2B members where extremely kind and welcoming, some are local but others hail from far, far away, it was also great to meet up with Jono and his friend Jay (an interesting and knowledgeable guy)

Hi folks,
Back 2 Basics. Outdoor survival and camping are having a meet at their HQ this October, and are extending the invitation to the members of our forum

The meet will be held in Coed y cware woods, llangynog, carmarthen Carmarthenshire.
On the days of Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd, and Sunday 23rd of October 2022.

The woods lies in the North East direction it is mainly spruce and hemlock with the odd Ash, Oak and hazel dotted around.
No trees are to be cut or damaged.
Off road parking available on site.

Regarding the above planned meet.
If any of you who fancy joining us but are unsure of location, protocol etc, please feel free to contact myself @Back2Basics or @Woodlander.
Bring with you what you would normally take for a weekend in the woods Including food, water, sleep system etc. There's plenty of space for Hammocks, tents or ground dwelling.
We do have a large indoor space with huge stove for those that wish to cook their food, and all the pots, pans, plates etc. And a large outdoor open fire pit which we can erect a parachute over should the weather be against us.

We also have an outdoor long drop loo which we would prefer be used as opposed to randomly fertilising the forest 💩⛔🌲🌲🌲.

Please be aware that we in no way hold responsibility for any harm or injury
caused at the meet. If you bring children or pets, please be aware that they are your responsibility and please keep them under control and clean up after them.

We ask for a small donation of £1 per night per person to cover the cost of maintenance of the cabin and woods.

Outside of that we look forward to meeting you and making new friends 😊😎👍
Good to catch up today. Try and get out now for nov & dec. let me know when you’re free and I’ll work around you.

Looks like a nice spot there @Ystranc Mike :)
Plenty of room for sure but see what you mean with regards to level ground......perfect for hammocks :thumbsup:
How many attended the meet?
Nice of B2B to welcome new comers and extend the hand of friendship and share their fire.
How was the weather during the stay?

Thanks for sharing.:)

Looks like a nice spot there @Ystranc Mike :)
Plenty of room for sure but see what you mean with regards to level ground......perfect for hammocks :thumbsup:
How many attended the meet?
Nice of B2B to welcome new comers and extend the hand of friendship and share their fire.
How was the weather during the stay?

Thanks for sharing.:)
The number of people at the meet was a bit amorphous as people came and went, the weather was rather unkind but with the help of my Ridgeline smock, a small DD Basha and an MOD bivvi bag I managed to stay reasonably warm and dry.

Back