• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back at it.

Took the Benelli to get some practice in, now I can get back on the crows and squizzers with a boomstick.
Not to bad with a 43/60. Wind picked up and made the clays dance around a bit. Prefer to shoot in a wind as it's a bit more realistic.

Timed it nicely this week, the rain petered out just as I arrived but there was standing water all over and water coming up through the ground in the rough carpark, waterlogged much? Wellie day then. 😆
5 of us this week and I had the Lincoln and got a 47/60 coming 2nd to Daz with a 48/60. Mind you his granddaughter was scoring so who knows what shenanigans were going on lol.
On the last stand one of the traps was playing up so we all just had 10 stright going away birds. Literally stood at the back of the trap and the bird goes over a small tree in front of you in the pit. Shout pull, follow the clay up, put the bead on it as it gets to the apex of the climb and gently squeeze the trigger. Cloud of dust appears where there was a clay. That's all it takes for a 10/10 and a smiley face on the score card. Which is what I did and was amazed that nobody else did, especially Daz who's the most consistently good shooter in our group.
But that's shooting for you.🤷🏻‍♂️

44/60 on Sunday and beat Daz by 1, dunt happen often and probably more to do with him having a bad day than me having a good day. 6 in the group with 1 bloke on his 2nd visit and he's put in for his sgc, been told 3 to 6 months 🙄 which I know isn't bad compared to some forces but still outside the guidelines I believe, we seem to be adding 1 or 2 a year to the numbers of sgc holders, so we are doing our bit. Might even talk my 33yo apprentice into it yet, he used to beat somewhere and is generally outdoorsish. Got a young family though so I won't push him to hard.
A busy meet with good weather but took us just shy of 2hrs to get round.

Back