• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back at it.

47/60 or 78%
Again with the benelli.
Keep increasing the pb by 1 at a time.👍 20210711_123427.jpg

48/60 or 80%
With the benelli.
Up one more on the pb 🙂
I did actually put a medium length easy hit on the other day with the full intention of trying to keep both eyes open. But that never got started. 😄 20210725_120750.jpg
1. A fast r-l rabbit that either hugged the ground or bounced 4ft in the air and an on report going away that curved down between 2 lines of trees.
2. A fast climbing crossing pair up through the trees taken the wrong way round on the first pair.
3. In the pit. Big l-r looper that was at its apex as it came into view and fell behind the trees in the middle of the pond. On report r-l quartering again not loads of time on target.
4. First bird was just a bitch....🤨. Edge on batue (about 10mm thick) l-r fast climbing and then banked away and went hell for leather into the ground, on report slightly climbing fast going away.
5. Wide high crossing pair. A good 35-40 wards out and crossing at about a house ridge line high.
6. Pair, left hand flat going away and a big r-l looper.

If I keep this up I'll be at 100% by Xmas 😆😆

And on that note.
40/60. 🙄
But I had the forum stone in my shoe and a train went past, so I probably had a smut in my eye.
Blummin windy a'nall.
Thought I'd done worse than that tbf.

Well after a disastrous 37 last shoot and 40 this week I reckon Reg and Steve have been on the "How to set up a really difficult Olympic standard clay course", as in our group last time the bloke that usually gets 54+ got 45 and he did 46 this week.
Kinell.
Hit everything other than 1 clay that was a fast crosser of the opening in the tree canopy, about ¾ of a second to find and shoot.
Still, it's for the fun of it, right? 🤨

Hit everything other than 1 clay that was a fast crosser of the opening in the tree canopy, about ¾ of a second to find and shoot.
Still, it's for the fun of it, right? 🤨

A friend of mine was shocked when he looked at buying his next lot of cartridges how much they had gone up since he last bought any. He got a thousand and is running low now. That would suck the fun out of it if you miss a lot.

Think my Gamebore Blue Diamonds have gone up about £7/250 in the last couple of years. Considering the fluctuations in various metal prices and what some other things have gone up by, I'm not to displeased with what they are at.
(But shush, I get them at a good discount. Just don't ask how. 😉)

Back