• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back at it.

Bit better with the uo this week. 44 ex 60 and all 6 or better which means I hit everything at least once.

20220306_124256.jpg

39/60
Steadfastly average with the ou.
Still seems to be the l-r crosser I'm having trouble with.
20220403_135935.jpg
Stand 1, r-l quartering with a l-r going away on report.
Stand 2, low fast l-r and a high l-r on report.
Stand 3, overhead from behind dropping into the woods with a fast r-l crosser in the canopy.
Stand 4, pair from 1 trap of l-r fast flat quartering away on the field
Stand 5, l-r and r-l crossing pair up in the air.
Stand 6, in the pit a bolting fox midi with an on report r-l high crosser.

I actually had the best score on that last stand as the others whinged that the bolting fox "should have been an orange clay" because it was dark in the pit and they couldn't see it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I actually had the best score on that last stand as the others whinged that the bolting fox "should have been an orange clay" because it was dark in the pit and they couldn't see it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Any excuse eghh :rofl:

42/60 with the ou today.
Seem about my level, unless I go down the route of lessons, which I have neither the time or inclination for, its a hobby after all.

Impressive, I wish I could shoot like that! I describe myself as very average………On a good day!
Thanks
As I said, that's my pb, average seems to be 37-43 area. Think I need to go to a ground on a quiet day and find a l to r crosser and get the boogeyman out of my head with a couple of hundred clays. That's what I did on "rabbits", couldn't hit then for the life of me and went to Doveridge one day and they'd put an opposing pair of rabbits in on one stand. Cost me about 150 clays and cartridges but I don't miss them much now.
🤔
I bet now I start missing the buggers. 😲😄

Good shooting 👍 👍
I’m about the same on sporting, really shite on left to right crossers, never seems a natural swing.
Skeet, well less said the better 🙄🙄
Lot better in the field though

Good shooting 👍 👍
I’m about the same on sporting, really shite on left to right crossers, never seems a natural swing.
Skeet, well less said the better 🙄🙄
Lot better in the field though
Re the l-r crosser, do you shoot both eyes open?
I can't get into that, feels all wrong to me. I aquire the clay and close my left eye just before I pull the trigger putting the bead where I think the shot will intercept the clay. I think I'm giving them to much lead.
Not really shot skeet, done a bit of DTL. Should do more as I imagine it would be good practice.

Re the l-r crosser, do you shoot both eyes open?
I can't get into that, feels all wrong to me. I aquire the clay and close my left eye just before I pull the trigger putting the bead where I think the shot will intercept the clay. I think I'm giving them to much lead.
Not really shot skeet, done a bit of DTL. Should do more as I imagine it would be good practice.
keep both eyes open using shotguns or through scopes, love DTL, left to right crossers just doesn`t seem a correct swing :rolleyes:

Ups.
Forgot to up date last week, and I know how much you peeps likes a larf.
An unsurprising average 42/60.
The bright spot was I managed to hit that durned l-r quartering more than a couple of times. 😁
I must have been giving it 4ft of lead and shwinging right through it.
The trap is about 25 feet to the left of the stand and about 10feet behind it, and the upright of the stand stops you following it from the trap. You can't get the gun on it till its almost half way through it's flight because at stright ahead from the stand its into the woods.
And then just to make it a bit more fun, if the sun's out its pretty much at the point where you can put the gun on the clay.

Ups.
Forgot to up date last week, and I know how much you peeps likes a larf.
An unsurprising average 42/60.
The bright spot was I managed to hit that durned l-r quartering more than a couple of times. 😁
I must have been giving it 4ft of lead and shwinging right through it.
The trap is about 25 feet to the left of the stand and about 10feet behind it, and the upright of the stand stops you following it from the trap. You can't get the gun on it till its almost half way through it's flight because at stright ahead from the stand its into the woods.
And then just to make it a bit more fun, if the sun's out its pretty much at the point where you can put the gun on the clay.
All fine excuses… :rolleyes: 😂

Windy day which makes for no 2 clays alike out of the same trap.
44/60 joint 2nd again to a 45, this was a bad score for the winner, normally mid 50's so I'm guna say it was definitely a difficult shoot today. 😆.
Even got a 10/10 and a double up(2 clays 1 shot) on the first stand.
Then I couldn't hit the bolting fox in the pit. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Back