• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back at it.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

So took the semi auto for a change today. Had a terrible stand on the rabbit and on report going away climber. Other than that not bad. Joint top gun in our group with 42/60.
Very strange to use the sa, not been out the cabinet for a while.

Attachments

• 20220626_132625.jpg
    20220626_132625.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 98
I can hardly bring myself to tell you lot this.
Trying to keep myself together but, with the benelli, I got a 2 on the first stand. A big l-r looper and an on report l-r low and fast on edge battue. Talk about all my worst nightmares together..
Rest of the card was 7,8,6,7,9 so not bad.
Must try harder, at least on the l-r stuff. 🤦‍♂️

Well after jigging up 5m² of floor tiles and adhesive on Friday my right elbow and shoulder were giving me gip, seriously considered not going, well until the pain killers kicked in at least. 😉
Reg and Steve were having fun with a few of the traps in "dontwanaplay" mode but we got there in the end.
44/60
Got a 10/10 on a stand in the woods where it was an overhead from behind through the canopy and a looper from right at the the right side of the stand again up over the canopy. Not any real time on the clays, very much a see it shoot it stand. Me likey those. I think it's having thinking time that causes me problems as I over think then. 🙄
Or am I over thinking that. 🤔

43/60 with the ou.
2nd place to a 50/60 everyone else in the 30's
Only one trap I just couldn't hit. Looping, quartering on edge incomer. Showing its full face but just never even got close to it.
Couple of stupid misses put me on 9/10 but hey-ho.
Time to clean the gun now.

Welp thought I'd better update this as not done do for a while.
Cold and damp start to the day but soon enough the sun came out.
First up on the first stand and absolutely dusted all 10. Pair quartering away right to left.
Turned to my adoring fans (lol) and said "that's it, today won't get any better, I'll be off home now then".
How right I was, 2nd stand was an on report l-r quartering away, my nemesis. But the high score on that was a 6/10 so nobody made a killing on it.
Other than that all reasonably good. Was quite busy and we waited ages at a stand for no5 but it wasn't a happy trap so moved to another stand (7 stands set and shoot 6) by the time we got to shoot 5 my back was playing up. It's amazing how just standing around gets my back throbbing. Off to look at shooting sticks and ponder my demise.

Ended on 45/60
20221113_134705.jpg

42/60 again. Seems to be my normal, second to a 47 so happy enough.
20230108_120654~2.jpg
Stand 1 was a high going away from the left with a similar on report.
Stand 2 was the l-r rabbit in the woods and an on report fast going away from the right that disappeared over the tree tops on the left.
Stand 3 was a very fast going away from the left with an on report fast going away from the right.
Stand 4 was in the pit, a pair, bolting fox from under and the big high looping r-l crosser that came down fast into some trees.
Stand 5 was the bottom of the field. A pair from left crossing away.
Stand 6 was a big looping fast battue with an on report going away on the right.

40/60 today with the ou, second to a 44/60. Was blumin cold and nobody really excelled themselves.
Was on for a stright on the last stand in the (frozen) pit but missed the last high crosser, it landed on the ice without breaking so I reloaded and but the bead on it (with Scottish Betty shouting in my ear, "you're all done Mark, yev noo moor") and let it have both barrels at 20 yards. Absolutely obliterated the clay but dint even break the ice.. made me feel better though. 🤣🤣

I had a play with my CO2 rifle earlier and managed to get five pellets through the same hole at 25 yards, not just ragged hole but one hole. I’ve never managed that before…the sixth shot was a flyer and ruined it but there you go…
Are you sure you didn't hit, miss, miss, miss,miss and then get near with number 6?
Just checking matey. 😆

Aww sorry mucka.
As the game season has finished I need to get my eye back in with the Semi auto so taking that out on the clays tomorrow, you'll get a laugh at me with the score from that I'll bet.

Back