• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

back in the woods, after 30 years!

teef

Slightly Addicted
grew up in Northern BC (Canada), spent A LOT of time noodling about in the woods. turns out nowadays they call it "bushcrafting". :)
anyway, camped and hiked a lot well into my 30s. became a city rat so not so much of the outdoors thereafter.

getting a little long in the tooth now but find myself on the Scottish coast with the hills and some woods very nearby. so for the first time in many years i'm out in the great outdoors again, and i'm loving it! like hanging out with an old friend that you can't remember why you fell out of touch with.

slowly gearing up, mostly surplus stuff and some diy. starting to look at sleep systems and so forth and that's a scene that's changed enormously over the years i've been away. i expect i'll need some advice and that's what brings me here.

happy trails all!

Hi Teef :)

Welcome to the forum buddy.
Good to hear you are back doing what you loved and enjoying the outdoors again.
Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Welcome to the forum Teef, hope you find it useful. Just be careful asking for advice on sleeping systems, you'll get about 15 different suggestions and they all cost money. That One Shot Willie is a bugger for showing us all new 'shiny shiny'.

thanks all for the warm welcome. the warnings of over-much info are appreciated, very much echoes my own experience of turning up way more possibilities than i know what to do with.

@Woodlander , i started in Beautiful British Columbia and have ended up in Fife. never felt more at home tbh.
"cold"? what cold? seriously, Scotland is a dawdle compared to some of the places i've lived in Canada. if i never see -50C again it'll be too soon.

Last edited:
grew up in Northern BC (Canada), spent A LOT of time noodling about in the woods. turns out nowadays they call it "bushcrafting". :)
anyway, camped and hiked a lot well into my 30s. became a city rat so not so much of the outdoors thereafter.

getting a little long in the tooth now but find myself on the Scottish coast with the hills and some woods very nearby. so for the first time in many years i'm out in the great outdoors again, and i'm loving it! like hanging out with an old friend that you can't remember why you fell out of touch with.

slowly gearing up, mostly surplus stuff and some diy. starting to look at sleep systems and so forth and that's a scene that's changed enormously over the years i've been away. i expect i'll need some advice and that's what brings me here.

happy trails all!
Welcome to our happy band of brothers (and the odd sister mate) hope to see a lot more of you with tales of your adventures

Back