• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Back to the drawing board..

collierboy

Very Addicted
I got fed up of chasing zero with the new S510 and still not getting anywhere so first i took off the scopes and recentred the
crosshairs then tightened the retaining band bolts. after removing the silencer it was replaced slowly and in such a way that
when it fitted into the shroud it had not moved the barrel, then it was nipped up tight. Before all this i had noticed that one of the
magazines provided better groupings than the other so i dismantled both, fine sanded the wheel faces to remove burrs, polished
then reassembled, after this they did feel a lot smoother on loading. I did not clean the barrel. The fill valve dust cover screws onto
the end of the cylinder, in doing so it also pushes the retaining band flat against the cylinder making sure its at right angles to the
barrel, so i made sure this was tight as well. The scopes went back on and only needed about a half turret turn on both to get zero. After
doing all this the gun gave the following card at 25 yds, the Bisley Magnums which previously couldn't group in 50mm where giving
sub 5p groups at 38 yds. How long will it last i ask myself ?

Attachments

• 20220101_162954.jpg
    20220101_162954.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 81
If it consistently loses zero send it back. No way you should be fecking about like this with a new gun, especially a fkin pcp.
Personly I'd say its not fit for purpose and get a full refund.

I got fed up of chasing zero with the new S510 and still not getting anywhere so first i took off the scopes and recentred the
crosshairs then tightened the retaining band bolts. after removing the silencer it was replaced slowly and in such a way that
when it fitted into the shroud it had not moved the barrel, then it was nipped up tight. Before all this i had noticed that one of the
magazines provided better groupings than the other so i dismantled both, fine sanded the wheel faces to remove burrs, polished
then reassembled, after this they did feel a lot smoother on loading. I did not clean the barrel. The fill valve dust cover screws onto
the end of the cylinder, in doing so it also pushes the retaining band flat against the cylinder making sure its at right angles to the
barrel, so i made sure this was tight as well. The scopes went back on and only needed about a half turret turn on both to get zero. After
doing all this the gun gave the following card at 25 yds, the Bisley Magnums which previously couldn't group in 50mm where giving
sub 5p groups at 38 yds. How long will it last i ask myself ?
Very sweet CB, did you get the sping washer just in case it starts moving again?

If it consistently loses zero send it back. No way you should be fecking about like this with a new gun, especially a fkin pcp.
I agree with that Manny but all they will do is the same as CB, get it dead on, and send it back to him.
You know what the feckers are like.

Ya coulda bought three Coyotes for the price of that S510, and got there much more quickly... 9mm groups at 45 yards with Bisley Magnums/H&N Baracuda Match after removing the barrel band. ;)

It's looking that way Manny. Stays ok just enough to raise hopes then drifts off again.
Very sweet CB, did you get the sping washer just in case it starts moving again?
No HC, Manny's right it shouldn't need all this fiddling about, I'll take it over next Saturday

Back