• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Backpacking Tents.

Yes,.............. not bad is it Al?

I can't see many guy lines though....so the extras they sell would be worthwhile....or make your own.:)
On the "Slumit Gobi 111" (similar frame).........you can wrap a guy line around the individual legs to add more stability.
It looks like a strong little tent.....not an out and out Mountain Tent......but then nor is the price:thumbsup:
Could probably improve the vestibule with a few clips and a bit of nylon.

I use a.......

Mountain equipment dragonfly
Terra Nova Voyager
Wild Country Coshee micro
Vango force ten bivvy tent
Seek outside bt2

ED373DE2-F583-4867-B58E-468EF988C0D3.jpeg
C14C536D-BCB3-4275-9856-B285F678B43A.jpeg
58CC6298-7CA2-4624-A2EE-C144E5381D58.jpeg
F1011C9D-5CEE-498E-B9C2-1FA4172F5706.jpeg

That looks nice and handy:thumbsup: really like the way it packs away and not having to muck about threading poles through :D

Worth thinking about for me also. I've been converted to tarp and hammock camping but considering a small tent to take to the likes of the winter camp as a backup. At the moment all I have is a 4 person tent and a wee bit big and heavy for a backup.

That looks nice and handy:thumbsup: really like the way it packs away and not having to muck about threading poles through :D

It's not the lightest little tent out there Mark......but unless you are into some serious long distance hill walking.....I reckon it may be worth a punt.
The Slumit Gobi I use is mega quick and easy.
I could feel at home in the Inca on open moor and woodland.
One of the bonuses for me personally is the headroom.....being able to sit up.

Hmmmmmmm.....:D

Looking at the pictures............. that Dragonfly XT has a nice sized vestibule too.....so handy when its howling and pouring down with rain :thumbsup:
Tucked in........... prepping Breakfast:D
Also pack all the other kit in the dry....then drop the tent.

Back