• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Badger Ham To bake

woodstock

Quite Addicted
Found this recipe in a book called The Master Book of Poultry and Game by Henry Smith, someone gave it to me look it up its full of these type of recipes from Blackbirds to Sea gulls.

A badger ham will weigh 7 to 8 lbs and needs cooking very carefully, Soak the ham for at least 6 hrs in cold water, Was it after soaking in luke warm water,
Cover it with a rough paste made with 3lb flour and 3 pts of water make sure to cover it well, Bake in a Mod oven pre heated to around 350 degree's F for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs cover with bread crumbs to be served cold or just let it rest for 5 mins carve and serve.

I will lookup some more and post them at a later date in the meantime if anyone fancies trying any of the recipes let us know your verdict on them good or bad.

Sounds eerrrrrr interesting any one ever tried badger ?? wonder what it tastes like.

Quite similar to wild boar I will fox a little go again when we get one

Back