• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bait caster reels.

There’s always one know it all , shame you didn’t catch anything when he was muttering to you 😂

Glad you like it mate 👍🏻

Need a fish noooo 😂

I am right-handed but have been using a left-hand baitcasting reel. A buddy suggested it, noting that after the cast you switch hands to reel the bait in. With the crank on the left side of the reel you simply wait for the bait/to fall to the desired depth and begin your retrieve. Are there any others who do this?

I am right-handed but have been using a left-hand baitcasting reel. A buddy suggested it, noting that after the cast you switch hands to reel the bait in. With the crank on the left side of the reel you simply wait for the bait/to fall to the desired depth and begin your retrieve. Are there any others who do this?
You can get bait casters left and right hand retrieve

I’m a total convert to bait casters & 7’6” one piece rods since a visit to “Capital fishing tackle shop “ 132 W, 36th Street N.Y. in 2001, They took me out to a river to try before I bought the gear, a true experience luring for Bass, talk about great customer service, with much Anglo American relations (beer & BBQ) and a lasting friendship, still see the guys when there👍👍

Capt pete Chan in a boat Wallkill about an hour an half away(north) and lake Wawayander about an hours drive, also fished lake in Central Park,

I've never fished the Wall kill but I drive past it on my way to my upstate cabin. I've fished Wawayanda many times, a great lake for trout, bass and pike.
Never fished Central Park though.

I’m a total convert to bait casters & 7’6” one piece rods since a visit to “Capital fishing tackle shop “ 132 W, 36th Street N.Y. in 2001, They took me out to a river to try before I bought the gear, a true experience luring for Bass, talk about great customer service, with much Anglo American relations (beer & BBQ) and a lasting friendship, still see the guys when there👍👍

That really is great customer service.....and a bonus you made new fishing friends too.

Same as you.....now a convert.....a joy to fish with👍

Back