• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bangers and mash

smc

Very Talkative
Been suffering a bit with the Black Dog of late. Best way for me to shake it, is to get away and under canvas. As you may have seen I went on a spending spree lately. Since I nearly got everything together, I just went up the hill for a wee lunch. The plan is to go out for a wee walk somewhere, cook up and then meander back, yes there might be an ale or two mixed in.

I saw the powdered mash the other day in the local emporium of comestibles, this reminded me of when me and the lass were cycle touring in Patagonia. The fastest way to get some hot food into us and warm up was mash. We added some soaked up lentils, a cheesy Knorr stock cube to basic mash. When you are cream knackered after a day in the saddle battling the worst gravel "roads" there is into the Patagonian wind/rain. This was a 8* Michelin feast.

So I spend some time reminiscing while taking cover under the tarp, as it was fuggy, wet and some wind Monday just gone.

cooking_mash.jpg

Cooking mash

wood_gas.jpg

Wood gas

the_wiew.jpg

The view

under_tarp.jpg

Under tarp

bangers_mash.jpg

Bon app

Nicely done, you can't beat the Idahoan mash, I use a pour ans store bag to mix and eat out of, saves on washing up, and as a filler, beef bits in gravey done the same way and added to the mash very very nice, and clean ;)

Black dog is still going strong. So new years was spend in the camper van, mainly to be away from it all and also to make sure that the mutt isn't stressed out of her fur because of the fireworks.

stars.jpg

I had two days of clear skies at night and I managed to listen to the ISS as it went over. The snap above was my first ever attempt at photographing stars and I managed to get the Milky Way too. Got to walk in the woods just me and the mutt, great fun to do it in the dark, well the stars were out and the second night a bit of the moon helped with the light. Pheasant weren't too keen on me walking about in their hood, so that was the only noise both days.

Was good to be outside and I got to fling some arrows too.

That photo of the stars is great. I've tried many times at home and in the Tropics and always made a complete hash of it :thumbsup:.

We were lucky with the fireworks this year, it was very quiet here and over very quickly. Beautiful photo of the stars and I'm glad you and the mutt had a bit of headspace and a peaceful new years eve. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Bam
Back