• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Baofeng Car Mobile Kit

Showing my utter ignorance here, Prime. Is this Licence required kit or CB type thing?

I'm definitely not an expert on this stuff so happy to be corrected if my knowledge is faulty.

There is a difference between Radio HAM's and CB - If I remember correctly you are entitled to own and run a CB rig ( receive and transmit ) IF you are stationary - ie in your house. The issue becomes illegal if mobile ( I think )

As for being a Radio Ham where you sit a course to pass , are then issued a radio call sign and can receive and transmit that is something different.

Also its worth noting one is allowed to own and listen in ( receive ) but not broadcast ( transmit ) without a Radio Ham licence - so one could buy the kit for prepping gear without the licence.

I think the above unit is a Radio Ham rig.

Why not bother with the rig? for what reasons?? please explain.

I've had a quick look at the rig, limited frequency range, crap antenna so not worth the money. On the little handheld I linked to you can cover ham radio VHF/UHF and even FM stations like BBC 1 to 4 and more.

Back