• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Barmah Hat

Woodland

Quite Addicted
I've just been given a Bramah Squashy hat in Hickory Crackle for my birthday. My missus thought it was lovely until I told her it was made out of kangeroo leather. If you don't know about Barmah, they are an Australian company who make hats. They are a little bit on the pricy side but they keep the sun off and they do a range that can be folded in to stuff sacks.

Barmah Hats - Australia's Best Bush Hats
18012012(009).jpg Well worth a quick look, here's a picture of mine.

Attachments

• 18012012(009).jpg
    18012012(009).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I've always fancied one of those hats, might just treat myself for the bushbash in February.

I've just been given a Bramah Squashy hat in Hickory Crackle for my birthday. My missus thought it was lovely until I told her it was made out of kangeroo leather. If you don't know about Barmah, they are an Australian company who make hats. They are a little bit on the pricy side but they keep the sun off and they do a range that can be folded in to stuff sacks.

Barmah Hats - Australia's Best Bush Hats
View attachment 174Well worth a quick look, here's a picture of mine.

mate in that hat you look like the old wild west wanted poster,s .... nice hat thou mate

I looked on the website that is linked to that one (confusing) and i found one in woodland camo... looks the biz and cheaper than that one (£24.99) however i have found a problem, it only comes in one size of XXL which is of no use to me as i am a medium at most!! :(

They seem very reasonably priced for a good quality hat, I'd have one in a minute if I didn't look so much like a mass murderer wearing one! :rolleyes:

Nice looking hat that Bud :)

I got my new hat yesterday might not be to everyones taste but i like it & that's what matters to me :)

It's a Vintage Trappers hat made from real fur ;)
DSCF1875.jpg DSCF1877.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1875.jpg
    DSCF1875.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF1877.jpg
    DSCF1877.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 144
Nice looking hat that Bud :)

I got my new hat yesterday might not be to everyones taste but i like it & that's what matters to me :)

It's a Vintage Trappers hat made from real fur ;)
View attachment 301View attachment 302

Quick, shoot a pellet into it! Sorry, looks like it's still alive. :D

Probably is with wee tiny crawling, wriggly legged type beasties.

AARRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found one of those hats on the tracks one morning and was really tempted to keep it but it was such a nice hat I figured somebody would be missing it so I hung it on a tree branch. I hope the rightfull owner found it!

Back