• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Base layers/ thermals

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Greeted this morning with a hard frost and have been meaning to get some decent one,s for a set trousers and t shirt budget around £100 for the par any suggestions.

PS is there a difference between thermals and base layers or is it just a posh way of saying it

Attachments

• P1430110.JPG
    P1430110.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 111
They’re same really mate, I’ve heard the Marino wool ones are supposed to be quite good, been thinking of getting a new set of thermals myself so if you find anything good let me know 👍🏻

PS is there a difference between thermals and base layers or is it just a posh way of saying it

I suppose technically 'Base Layer' could apply to a wicking type garment, T shirt perhaps, worn in the summer, so not necessarily thermals. Even in Winter a base layer doesn't have to be thermal, it could silk or even be cotton...:eek:..then everyone will shout at you and tell you that you will certainly die...:D

I chicken out and just say thermal base layer...that confuses the experts....:lol:

At the moment I'm quite impressed with some stuff from Aldi. It was sold as 'Thermal' for Motorcyclists, I think it's about 60% wool and keeps me warm. Any colour you like, as long as it's black...:D

Nice one Med, let us know how you go. Those winnings burning a hole then.... 😂
I'd be exactly the same.

Nice one Med, let us know how you go. Those winnings burning a hole then.... 😂
I'd be exactly the same.

you could say that 14 yep 14 packages due over the next week or so , new stuff for rifle red dot sight flip up covers , base layers , a good looking well water test kit, new pellets so on so on , only live once

my mid week bets going in

Back