• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bass Fishing Exmouth.

I just hope we have good wifi where we are going so I can monitor their response to my reply!!

Will all turn out right in the the end mate :) :thumbsup:

Happy to report that the seller has now seen sense and has informed me that they are sending a PAIR of handles to satisfy the order.
Two weeks to sort this........good job I was not in a rush 🤣

Off down the beach in a bit......just waiting for my Granddaughter to be picked up by her friends.
Going to try for a Bass on the spinning gear and plugs/lures.......fishing the tide 2 hours down and 2 up.
Not the ideal time of day......but will Get a line wet anyway:thumbsup:

Well I was hoping to spend a few hours fishing..... But my back had other ideas :(
It was nice down there but busy and a few boats etc bobbing about.

Started off using the rubber eels of various types...... Ended up putting a Patchenko lure on.
These are surface lures so work very well over shallow ground.
Slow to medium retrieve and twitch the lure.
Third cast with the Patchenko produced a very small school Bass :thumbsup:
A quick picture and the n returned for another day.

Yer he be.

IMG_20190717_122857.jpg

Not a heart stopping fish..... But a bit of sport. :)

Well I was hoping to spend a few hours fishing..... But my back had other ideas :(
It was nice down there but busy and a few boats etc bobbing about.

Started off using the rubber eels of various types...... Ended up putting a Patchenko lure on.
These are surface lures so work very well over shallow ground.
Slow to medium retrieve and twitch the lure.
Third cast with the Patchenko produced a very small school Bass :thumbsup:
A quick picture and the n returned for another day.

Yer he be.

View attachment 18258

Not a heart stopping fish..... But a bit of sport. :)
You'll make Mark jealous Bill

Had a couple of hours out with the rod..... But did not manage a fish...... Not even a follow. :rolleyes: :D
It was lovely there though on Budleigh Salterton Beach..... Went up the far end where the river Otter flows inro the sea.
The high tide floods in around the marshes there. Wonderful wildlife walks.

IMG_20190723_090625.jpg
IMG_20190723_104431.jpg
IMG_20190723_104424.jpg
IMG_20190723_104431.jpg
IMG_20190723_104424.jpg
IMG_20190723_104438.jpg

Need to get a few first and last light sessions in.

Happy Days:thumbsup:be

Had a couple of hours out with the rod..... But did not manage a fish...... Not even a follow. :rolleyes: :D
It was lovely there though on Budleigh Salterton Beach..... Went up the far end where the river Otter flows inro the sea.
The high tide floods in around the marshes there. Wonderful wildlife walks.

View attachment 18316View attachment 18317View attachment 18318View attachment 18317View attachment 18318View attachment 18319

Need to get a few first and last light sessions in.

Happy Days:thumbsup:be
Great photos Bill

Back