• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bass Fishing Exmouth.

Alfie caught the Bass on a ABU Toby lure 28g.

Big fan of them and they account for some good fish.
Cheap and cheerful with a great swimming action to entice a strike.
You can by the copies but they do not swim as well.

They cast and fly very well.....ideal for windy and rough conditions.

Last edited:
Had a lovely couple of hours on the beach fishing with my Grandsons.
The Eldest was into a School bass and was chuffed to bits......bless him.
The little one was practicing his casting and retrieving with a small power ball on the end of his line......he was convinced he would catch a fish with it :D

View attachment 18383View attachment 18385View attachment 18386View attachment 18387View attachment 18384

Need to buy the little one a new rod and reel now...... He has outgrown his.

Lovely few hours with them both.

Spot on bill :thumbsup: glad yous enjoyed it:D love that casting stance:lol: . Stuff memory’s are made of:thumbsup:

@Ark79

Was hoping the Mackerel would be in Mark......we fished about 4hrs up on a rising tide.
That would have kept him busy :D
Had a chat to another fisherman that was there and apparently they are late arriving this year......local chap and fishes Budleigh beach a lot.
Few other guys dotted about left and right of us later on.....didnt see any fish landed though.

Need to get a couple of early morning late evening sessions in myself with the lures.

You got any trips planned with your cousin yet mate?

@1 shot willie
Hopefully there not to late and you can get on them soon... love a bit of mackerel bashing on light tackle. They fight better than a trout imo.

No plans made as yet with my cousin mate. Haven’t spoken to the big burger in a wile lol just busy. Got a couple of trips planned for trout and carp with the kids. But we are taking them to the beach so a think I will dig out the lure box and have a bash :thumbsup:

Sound good the early mornings and late evenings Bill. A really need to get the finger out and take the lad sea fishing.

Said it before Mark.....if only the Mackerel grew to 5lb in our waters :eek::)

Good luck with the Trout and carp fishing mate......hope you have a great time at the beach when you go :thumbsup:

Hoping to get out for a bit of Bass fishing again in a few weeks time......probably end of April......beginning of May.
Had the rods and reels out and gave them a dust off and light oil where necessary.
I got a bit fed up last year with the Braid line.....too much faffing around when tying knots in the wind or with wet line.
So going back to mono again.......back to Stren Magnathin.....love the stuff.
Re ordered a couple of plugs I lost last year......so the armoury will be stocked and ready for the off :D

Looking forward to getting my boys on the beach again for a bit of Mackerel fishing....they love it.

Anyone else prepping and looking forward to getting out with a rod?

Hoping to get out for a bit of Bass fishing again in a few weeks time......probably end of April......beginning of May.
Had the rods and reels out and gave them a dust off and light oil where necessary.
I got a bit fed up last year with the Braid line.....too much faffing around when tying knots in the wind or with wet line.
So going back to mono again.......back to Stren Magnathin.....love the stuff.
Re ordered a couple of plugs I lost last year......so the armoury will be stocked and ready for the off :D

Looking forward to getting my boys on the beach again for a bit of Mackerel fishing....they love it.

Anyone else prepping and looking forward to getting out with a rod?
Yes mate but with braid, I use a tucked blood knot which wont come loose

Good knot Joe :thumbsup:........ I tended to use the "Albright" or "Double uni" when joining a Floro carbon leader to the main braid line.
30lb Braid and 8lb leader.....fiddly didly mate.....not for me anymore.
I still use the "Blood Knot" on the fly line leader to tippets though :thumbsup:

I’ve found a little club with a water for fly fishing , gonna try and get out as soon as it opens for day tickets 👍 will be practicing
Stick a bucket of a wash bowl about 30 feet away Rob and practice until you can drop the fly in it every cast, remember that flies vary in weight so practice with different flies

"Hermes"......normally pretty good service and reliable.

Had a mail from them saying parcel on its way (New fishing Line) given the current restrictions and situation.....I requested a change of delivery address.....from business to home......about a mile and a half difference.
Reply....."option not available.......order sent back to sender" :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::eek:.....been waiting a fortnight for it too:D

Note from seller saying refund will be issued as soon as goods arrive back.:thumbsup:

So now ordered from a new source.....different line......but of a very similar type.

No rush I suppose.....cant see a line in the water any time soon at the moment :rolleyes:.......but will be ready for when it is possible again.

Fishing at Exmouth...that brings back memories...although they are a bit vague now...:D

!958..I was in an Orphanage and every Summer we went on a holiday to the seaside somewhere.
This is Exmouth, the man rowing the boat was in charge of us and he was taking a few at a time out on the River Exe ' 'Fishing'...I took that photo with a Kodak Brownie camera.

File0003.jpg

I seem to remember the place we stayed was a religious mission building of some kind, in Exmouth, probably long demolished. That's Sax, back left white shirt.
File0036.jpg

So yes, I've been fishing at Exmouth...:lol:

Attachments

• File0003.jpg
    File0003.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
  • File0036.jpg
    File0036.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Fishing at Exmouth...that brings back memories...although they are a bit vague now...:D

!958..I was in an Orphanage and every Summer we went on a holiday to the seaside somewhere.
This is Exmouth, the man rowing the boat was in charge of us and he was taking a few at a time out on the River Exe ' 'Fishing'...I took that photo with a Kodak Brownie camera.

File0003.jpg

I seem to remember the place we stayed was a religious mission building of some kind, in Exmouth, probably long demolished. That's Sax, back left white shirt.
File0036.jpg

So yes, I've been fishing at Exmouth...:lol:

signs suggest YMCA 👍

@saxonaxe

So many of Exmouth's old buildings and heritage has been demolished and lost over recent years Sax :(
Lovely old photos and hopefully happy memories of your time in Exmouth......hope you caught plenty of fish on that day?:D

So, joining the dots... you liked to stay in the Wy....Em....Cee...Ahh, ran away to sea and can I ask if you're the kind of person who lives in a village ?????? :lol:

Back