• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bass Fishing Exmouth.

Still very early in the year....but already thinking about getting out on the Kayak for some fishing this Spring/Summer.
Been pawing over the kit.....some of which is quite old and seen some good wear years ago.

Checking over the Cag I noticed the wrist and neck seals (non replaceable) are perished and the material is not in the best of condition.
Seen a few miles on the water that one has.....so now retired to the bin :(

Ordered up a replacement in readiness (Peak Free Ride in Yellow) ...........might get up into the estuary for a bit of paddling fitness before getting out on open water.

peak freeride cag

Had a Cag very similar to this that I gave to my Daughter.....nice neck and wrist seals.....but soft neoprene...... rather than the Latex that can be a pain to get on and off.....even using talc....or a weak solution of washing up liquid and water.......I find it much more comfortable and easier.
Picked a nice bright and visible colour.........good to be seen by other bigger boat users.......or....God forbid...... SAR :rofl:

Also need to replace my neoprene gloves.....looked but cant find them anywhere.....worth having especially in the colder months....even Spring and Summer on some days on the water.

Checked the VHF.....still working like a good'un.

Few other bits n bobs to sort out......will keep me busy in these times of troubles and woes :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Changed the neck and wrist seals on my dry suit from latex to neoprene. More forgiving and stronger. That's a lot of money for a cag! I only spend about £40 as I tend to knacker them. Looks a nice one.

Changed the neck and wrist seals on my dry suit from latex to neoprene. More forgiving and stronger. That's a lot of money for a cag! I only spend about £40 as I tend to knacker them. Looks a nice one.

Good move Dick :thumbsup: definitely more forgiving and comfortable:)

Its not to bad a price mate for what it offers.....especially if you tip out in the surf zone or out to sea.....its worth the money then :rofl:
Bonus is it will suit the "bib n brace" I use......at near half the cost to🤔

We must try and get that meet together this season.....got some stunning ground around Budleigh Salterton if your up for it......fairly easy launch site and good Bass grounds :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I love a bit of Bass fishing, but never hit the elusive double as yet......Just gotta keep on trying I guess. Let’s hope for some decent fishing this year, certainly going to get to East Devon, perhaps hire a boat out of Beer for a few hours.

A beautiful sunset over Slapton Ley after collecting some Mackerel, and the view between lockdown after a fishless evening in the South Hams.

B5C8C53C-B23C-4957-9F9D-808B4113DE37.jpeg
137AB9D3-5CEC-4523-8510-D94EB3688FE2.jpeg

I love a bit of Bass fishing, but never hit the elusive double as yet......Just gotta keep on trying I guess. Let’s hope for some decent fishing this year, certainly going to get to East Devon, perhaps hire a boat out of Beer for a few hours.

A beautiful sunset over Slapton Ley after collecting some Mackerel, and the view between lockdown after a fishless evening in the South Hams.

View attachment 32779View attachment 32780
Very nice photos mate, unfortunately Bass round the 10lb mark are becoming as rare as hens teeth but good luck in your search

Lovely pictures Mike :thumbsup:

The conditions in the picture look good for a nice Bass......hope you connect with that double figure soon.......hopefully this year :thumbsup::)
As Joe says......they are getting harder to find these days :(
Good luck and tight lines for this year mate :thumbsup:

Hit the button on another

Sit on top Kayak cart.
The one I have at the moment is not a good fit.
Went for the scupper hole type.......not a fan usually......but as its being used on an early Scrambler XT......I feel happy it will be o.k.
No tyres and inner tubes to replace.....and quick and easy up and down.....easily stored on the kayak.

Attachments

• 20210518_140607.jpg
    20210518_140607.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210518_140523.jpg
    20210518_140523.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210518_140504.jpg
    20210518_140504.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 70
Back