• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bass Fishing Exmouth.

Been having a look around at some waders for the coming seasons Bass fishing.
Used to wear waist waders (booted ) for pottering about in the shallows and surf.
Then I remembered I still have my old Bib and Brace I used when I was able to fish from the Kayak.
So dug them out and will be giving them a go :)

View attachment 16554

View attachment 16555

Waterproof zip.................very handy if you need a pee 🤣

View attachment 16556

Not a lot gets into these due to the snug-fitting neoprene upper body.
The waist area can be cinched tight to offer little chance of any water entering the legs.......not that I will be swimming in them.....hopefully:whistle::D
Have some wading boots that will work well with the Bib n Brace.
Another bonus with these is, the ankle at the sock can be cinched up to help prevent gravel/sand collecting in the wading boot.

Just saved my self a few shillings.......all good.

Happy Days 👍

Nice one , good looking waders them .......

Thanks, Rob.....getting there now with bits n pieces. 👍

Next on the list is a lighter rated spinning rod........the Shimano Speedmaster 15-40gram I have at the moment is a bit overkill for the lighter plastic lures.
Need something with a little more finesse.

So going for the HTO Nebula HSN 27M 9' 7-35gram.

All I need to do then is..........add water.............. and hopefully catch something :D:thumbsup:

Always a plus when yi can save money (trust the Scottish guy to pic up on that she said 🤣)

Great looking suit Bill....soon be off oot Mucker. Them bass should be scared 💩lis ;) .

Plenty of pictures for us to gock at please lol and I will be right here paying attention to alllll the fish you catch :sneaky:🤣

The new rod arrived while we were away.
Had a good look over it and very happy with the build quality and fittings.
Put together ( 2 piece) and had a waggle..... As you do 🤣
Might take it down to the beach for a cast or two to feel the action.
Won't be today though..... Blowing a hooley here.

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_083330.jpg
    IMG_20190316_083330.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 108
Off down to the beach late afternoon for the first cast and fishing session of the year
Fishing two hours up and maybe 2 down.
Not expecting much to be honest as it is still a bit early in the year.
Sea temperature has risen by one degree........now at 10 degrees so it's getting better.

Off down to the beach late afternoon for the first cast and fishing session of the year
Fishing two hours up and maybe 2 down.
Not expecting much to be honest as it is still a bit early in the year.
Sea temperature has risen by one degree........now at 10 degrees so it's getting better.
My best ever bass (10lbs) was caught one November while fishing for whiting Bill

Nice fish that Joe......just over 9lb is my best thus far..........hoping for a double this year on the plastics and soft lures 👍
It has been a very long time since I did any on the bottom fishing.

Nice fish that Joe......just over 9lb is my best thus far..........hoping for a double this year on the plastics and soft lures 👍
It has been a very long time since I did any on the bottom fishing.
It was even better than nice for me Bill because I was using very light tackle and a sliver of mackerel on a size 12 hook

Got down to the beach....fishing the incoming tide.
Spent about 2 1/2 hours working the lures.......not a sniff :whistle:🤣
Even so, it was very enjoyable...........first trip done and dusted.

Used to fish from a Sit on Top Kayak years ago 2009 ish........and tried numerous types......but mostly Ocean Kayaks.
My ultimate favorite was the original "Scrambler XT" followed very closely by the "Prowler 13"
Quite by accident, I came across an "XT" for sale and have bought it.:rolleyes:
Had to buy a new paddle because the one it came with was too small for the boat and not a good fit for me.
Also bought a new PFD.......need a trolly.

On previous Kayaks I have fitted Fish and depth finders.......but keeping this one simple with the minimum of kit on board.
Luckily I have a good friend who I used to fish with years ago who kept his Kayak and is up for going again.
Will hopefully post a few pictures up at a later date.

The Kayak will be used for Bass fishing mostly.

Bring on the fish :D

Used to fish from a Sit on Top Kayak years ago 2009 ish........and tried numerous types......but mostly Ocean Kayaks.
My ultimate favorite was the original "Scrambler XT" followed very closely by the "Prowler 13"
Quite by accident, I came across an "XT" for sale and have bought it.:rolleyes:
Had to buy a new paddle because the one it came with was too small for the boat and not a good fit for me.
Also bought a new PFD.......need a trolly.

On previous Kayaks I have fitted Fish and depth finders.......but keeping this one simple with the minimum of kit on board.
Luckily I have a good friend who I used to fish with years ago who kept his Kayak and is up for going again.
Will hopefully post a few pictures up at a later date.

The Kayak will be used for Bass fishing mostly.

Bring on the fish :D
Got my kayaks out this week and cleaned them. Fitted new tubes to one trolley and charged the battery for the 12 volt outboard.
Maybe get out tomorrow or Monday if I can fight my way through the holidaymakers. I am completely useless at fishing but I will have a go. Bass are restricted at the moment.

Back