• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Battery pack

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Al be needing a battery pack for my phone..... for longer stays in the forest or loch side. Any advice people?? There’s that many to choose from on the bay lol.

Last edited:
Al be needing a battery pack for my phone..... for longer stays in the forest or loch side. Any advice people?? There’s that many to choose from on the bay lol.
I cant give you a link Mark but I use an Aukey power bank, that gave me nearly 6 full charges at the summer meet and is only about the size of a large bar of chocolate

One thing to consider is that the cold will rapidly reduce the charge on your phone and power bank.
My phone battery will normally last 3-4 days but was flat after 1 day when camping in Feb.
It helps to keep it close to the warmth of your body (as long as you're not concerned with EM waves cooking your innards)

One thing to consider is that the cold will rapidly reduce the charge on your phone and power bank.
My phone battery will normally last 3-4 days but was flat after 1 day when camping in Feb.
It helps to keep it close to the warmth of your body (as long as you're not concerned with EM waves cooking your innards)
My innards are well past the point of no return Paul

I use an 10000mAh energiser one that I got from Argos , gives me about 5 full charges . They do a range in Argos ( other retailers available ) .

I’m happy with mine .

I use an 10000mAh energiser one that I got from Argos , gives me about 5 full charges . They do a range in Argos ( other retailers available ) .

I’m happy with mine .
Morning Rob, according to what's written on my Aukey it's rated at 20,000 mAh but I now also have a smaller 10,000 as a reserve

Back