• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Beaters day!

Big Red

Quite Addicted
A day on peg on a real Dartmoor “local boys” shoot, I normally beat, but a good day on peg for Shitbags, the giant ESE, and me. 26 Pheasants, 5 Mallard, 4 Partridge and two Pigeons. Followed by a couple of beers.

Tomorrow?……..Much the same.

Photos won’t download! ☹️

6BB4F323-1701-447B-8E13-620D25488EEA.jpeg

A very happy gundog, Shitbags taking a nap after a hard day. 😍

Well the day didn't go as planned when we arrived the fog rolled in, visibility dropped to 25yds so after waiting until 10.30 with no improvement day was postponed until next Saturday, which was not great for me as I am working! Not all bad I've been told to bring my gun on the 29th so i will still get to shoot and we still have the walk up day on the 1st. Hope everyone else had a better day.

Well the day didn't go as planned when we arrived the fog rolled in, visibility dropped to 25yds so after waiting until 10.30 with no improvement day was postponed until next Saturday, which was not great for me as I am working! Not all bad I've been told to bring my gun on the 29th so i will still get to shoot and we still have the walk up day on the 1st. Hope everyone else had a better day.
Oh Bugga, we had a lovely day here on the southern edge of Dartmoor today, something is strange with my shooting, I shot another five today!

My friend, just today, accounted for four Deer, three Pheasants and a Pigeon! Please don’t be shocked guys……We are literally crawling with Deer, I reckon I have seen two dozen yesterday and today, my good friend saw well over 100 this morning!

Oh Bugga, we had a lovely day here on the southern edge of Dartmoor today, something is strange with my shooting, I shot another five today!

My friend, just today, accounted for four Deer, three Pheasants and a Pigeon! Please don’t be shocked guys……We are literally crawling with Deer, I reckon I have seen two dozen yesterday and today, my good friend saw well over 100 this morning!
I’m not shocked at all, it seems like the wild game population has gone a bit geometric, increasing massively.

We also have a high population of fallow and muntjac but there are only a few roe on the estate. It's hard for the stalkers with all the public footpaths as well as people wandering were they shouldn't be. I always check before I go out after the squirrels with my air rifle to make sure the stalkers not out as well.

We also have a high population of fallow and muntjac but there are only a few roe on the estate. It's hard for the stalkers with all the public footpaths as well as people wandering were they shouldn't be. I always check before I go out after the squirrels with my air rifle to make sure the stalkers not out as well.
We are Red, Roe and Fallow, some people say they have seen the odd Muntie, but I haven’t seen one yet. Keep on at the Squirrels! 👍👍

I have to do a daylight walk through before I do my bunny shooting at night…just for safety sake. Most of the land that I shoot on is agricultural without rights of way but people still seem to pop up in strange places.

Back