• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Beautiful start to the day

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Come down Ferryside on the train this morning to see if i can catch my tea
20190914_083644.jpg

Looks like a belter of a day and what a way to start it, tight lines :)

Hi jon :)

What a lovely venue and morning mate.....hope you catch a few.....what bait are you using?

Good luck!!

Hi jon :)

What a lovely venue and morning mate.....hope you catch a few.....what bait are you using?

Good luck!!
Well I'm not much of a fisherman and dont really know what I am doing but I have some rubber lures and bait attractant stuff that Ark79 sent me, some shads some earthworms, and as im moving with the tide I'm looking for bits of crab and shell fish

Well I'm not much of a fisherman and dont really know what I am doing but I have some rubber lures and bait attractant stuff that Ark79 sent me, some shads some earthworms, and as im moving with the tide I'm looking for bits of crab and shell fish
Oh and someone told me use cod liver oil capsules. Probably a wind up but hey cant hurt to try;)

@Woodlander

Might be worth taking a small garden spade along next time mate......there maybe some Lug worms about (normally see little curly casts in the sand) if they are about........white rag worm at the low tide mark too......go down two to three spade depths........and sift through the sand with your hands......be sure to fill the holes you dig!!
Peeler crab are deadly for the flounders and Bass.......but VERY expensive unless you can forage for your own.
With both peeler crab and frozen sandeel you need to use elastic cotton to bind the bait onto the hook.
Worth having a Mackerel or two along as well.....good all-round bait to have........keep all bait out of the sun and cool if you can:thumbsup:

Had any bites yet??:)

Fishing is a funny old game when you first start out mark......as we both no doubt remember :)
I was lucky enough to have a good mate who was right up on it and only too willing to help me along.
So much out there these days tackle wise......my first beach caster was an ABU 484 and what a cracking rod it was too.....accounted for some good fish back in the day :):thumbsup:

@Woodlander

Might be worth taking a small garden spade along next time mate......there maybe some Lug worms about (normally see little curly casts in the sand) if they are about........white rag worm at the low tide mark too......go down two to three spade depths........and sift through the sand with your hands......be sure to fill the holes you dig!!
Peeler crab are deadly for the flounders and Bass.......but VERY expensive unless you can forage for your own.
With both peeler crab and frozen sandeel you need to use elastic cotton to bind the bait onto the hook.
Worth having a Mackerel or two along as well.....good all-round bait to have........keep all bait out of the sun and cool if you can:thumbsup:

Had any bites yet??:)
Nothing yet

Fishing is a funny old game when you first start out mark......as we both no doubt remember :)
I was lucky enough to have a good mate who was right up on it and only too willing to help me along.
So much out there these days tackle wise......my first beach caster was an ABU 484 and what a cracking rod it was too.....accounted for some good fish back in the day :):thumbsup:

True buddy
A can still remember sitting at my grans burn (small stream) with a branch and line,hook and bread as bait catching brown trout. Must have only been 6 or 7 .

Funny enough bill it was an ABU I had for my first beach-caster. Black and green.

Back