• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Beautiful start to the day

Fishing is a funny old game when you first start out mark......as we both no doubt remember :)
I was lucky enough to have a good mate who was right up on it and only too willing to help me along.
So much out there these days tackle wise......my first beach caster was an ABU 484 and what a cracking rod it was too.....accounted for some good fish back in the day :):thumbsup:
The one im using today my mate gave me. Its a Shakespeare alpha beachcaster and the reel is a Shakespeare mentor. Dunno what any of that means but if its comparable to car makes mines a clapped out Nova lol

Well, back home and just put pie and chips in the oven cos I didn't get a bite all day!
An old fella approached me as I was packing up, and proceeded to inform me that I wouldn't catch nothing in that area unless I used lugworm. Well better luck next time! In off now to cry into my pie and chips!

Well, back home and just put pie and chips in the oven cos I didn't get a bite all day!
An old fella approached me as I was packing up, and proceeded to inform me that I wouldn't catch nothing in that area unless I used lugworm. Well better luck next time! In off now to cry into my pie and chips!

Every day's a school day mate and you'll know for next time. Enjoy your soggy pie and chips.

@Woodlander

Oh well mate.....it goes like that for all fisherman at times........more than they would like to admit.....me included :D:whistle:

The link I am putting up here looks very useful and should help you out with the choices and methods.
It will make some good reading on a wet and miserable day when there is nothing else to do:)

Good old Google will help with any species you would especially like to target as well.......and where/how to fish for them

Also look up what knots/rigs and how to tie them properly.....very important.

If you have a tackle shop near you pop in for a chat.......most of them are very helpful.

Keep at it mate........one day it will be you passing on tips to others :thumbsup:

Back