• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Belt loop for Hatchet

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
A while back I bought a Granfors Wildlife Hatchet from one of our members.
Comes in handy for a bit of woodcarving........but is also very handy around camp for other administration tasks.
Extremely sharp.

I felt it deserves it's own place on my belt so have started to make a removable axe loop for it.

20181027_115438.jpg

I might add an over strike guard later.

Go for it mate :thumbsup:......it is very addictive and good therapy.....I shall be in the workshop a bit more now the weather is breaking.......radio on.....bliss:D
There are a few bits n bobs in the pipeline that I want to make.

What will be your first project mate??

Sounds blissful mate:thumbsup:

Not sure what a will make first..al start of nice and simple :D it’s still a wile down the pipe line yet....it’s definitely something I would like to try tho..

Looking forward to following the progress :D

Managed to finish the Axe belt loop.
Made from Oak Bark Leather with a solid brass D ring.
Also finished the mask......not entirely happy with the stitching as I tried to punch the stitching iron through the 4 layers rather than drill as I should have done.
Hey ho it's only for me so not too bothered.
Next step is to make a new belt.

20181106_094854.jpg

20181106_095338.jpg

Love it, I was considering the GF hand hatchet for small jobs and maybe to get into a bit of carving.
I have the Scandinavian forest axe so im def a GF convert!

Cheers Mark.

Made from off cuts I had left over from other projects.
All natural....did not dye the leather it is all rubbed and protected with "Neatsfoot Oil"
Some of it is made with Veg Tan leather......the rest with Oak bark leather.......hense the varying colours.

Back