• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Best china scope

buksbart

Quite Talkative
I'm looking for an affordable china scope (for my 20joule HW85.
Does anyone has experience with China scopes? And how good are they?

Because of China "quality" i'm willing to spend around 20 euros.
That way i will also stay under the customs limit :D

But feel free to change my mind :rolleyes:

On a 20-joule springer, you need a robust scope that's spring-gun as well as firearms rated. Not sure that 20€ is quite going to cut it... :whistle:

I'd recommend a Hawke Vantage, which I have on my FAC HW85. They are solid, can be imported from the UK if not available in Holland, and will do the job. Just get in there before Brexshit... :rolleyes:

On a 20-joule springer, you need a robust scope that's spring-gun as well as firearms rated. Not sure that 20€ is quite going to cut it... :whistle:

I'd recommend a Hawke Vantage, which I have on my FAC HW85. They are solid, can be imported from the UK if not available in Holland, and will do the job. Just get in there before Brexshit... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they are also very expensive. If there is no scope that does the job, than there will be no scope.

Since PCPs have no recoil, pretty much any scope will do. However, for 20€, the image may not be very bright, or might show flare, distortion, aberration etc. The standard advice for any scope purchase is to buy the best glass you can afford.

Not going to do it for €20 matey.
Any one who says you can has a lot of cheap shitty scopes they need to fob of to an idiot that will part with money for a bit of tat.
Even the Nikko Sterling mountmaster 4x40 is double that.
Sure you dint mean €200?

There are some good Chinese scopes which are the same as branded ones but it is hard finding the right ones.Just recently the old Nikko laser king have been on the bay under a different name.

I would up your budget or buy a good used one, the HW85 deserves a good scope as does yourself.:)

Not going to do it for €20 matey.
Any one who says you can has a lot of cheap shitty scopes they need to fob of to an idiot that will part with money for a bit of tat.
Even the Nikko Sterling mountmaster 4x40 is double that.
Sure you dint mean €200?

There are some good Chinese scopes which are the same as branded ones but it is hard finding the right ones.Just recently the old Nikko laser king have been on the bay under a different name.

I would up your budget or buy a good used one, the HW85 deserves a good scope as does yourself.:)

Well, than a scope has to wait. A pcp is the first thing i want to buy, so thats taking up the budget.
Looking for a BSA Superten .22 in particular :D

How is this better than the superten? I know BSA and Gamo are one :p
I don't like the free floating barrel. But convince me, and it might change :)
Well, you seem to be a tight-wad person who appreciates value for money. :alert:

A floating barrel is inherently more accurate than a captive barrel on an airgun, which is why I've now removed the barrel band.

The Coyote has a BSA cold hammer-forged barrel, which shoots as well as PCPs that cost a lot more. That translates to 9mm groups at 45 yards/40 metres, with Bisley Magnums straight out of the tin.

Review here: https://www.airgununiverse.uk/resources/gamo-coyote-black-in-177.28/

Well, you seem to be a tight-wad person who appreciates value for money. :alert:

A floating barrel is inherently more accurate than a captive barrel on an airgun, which is why I've now removed the barrel band.

View attachment 22114

The Coyote has a BSA cold hammer-forged barrel, which shoots as well as PCPs that cost a lot more. That translates to 9mm groups at 45 yards/40 metres, with Bisley Magnums straight out of the tin.

View attachment 22113

Review here: https://www.airgununiverse.uk/resources/gamo-coyote-black-in-177.28/

That's actually quite a good argument. Going to look into that! Thanks! And yes I want value for money. But don't mind to spend a bit more if needed. Want to have a high end pcp and therefore was looking for second hand. But as I understand this gamo is giving those a run for the money?! :D

That's actually quite a good argument. Going to look into that! Thanks! And yes I want value for money. But don't mind to spend a bit more if needed. Want to have a high end pcp and therefore was looking for second hand. But as I understand this gamo is giving those a run for the money?! :D
Well, in the hands of an expert marksman, yes... :whistle:

Back