• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Best Game Bag?

RunSilentRunDeep

Extremely Talkative
hi everyone,
just looking at purchasing a game bag for whilst im out and about hunting as ive yet to get one, seen several i like the look of but unsure as to which one would be best?!
anyone give any advice and tips would be appreciated. also could you slap a link or photo in with your post so i know what im looking at sort of thing!
thanks in advance!
smile.png

Dan​

Depends what you want to put in it? How big does it need to be?

When out shooting, I'd have two... one was a Jack Pyke cartridge bag (duotex), big enough for a wee flask, something to eat and other small items.
The other, was a larger French army surplus backpack with loads of pockets and super-strong, waterproof material.

A mate had a Jack Pyke canvas gamebag which was pretty good and not too expensive.

Or you could plump for a ridiculously expensive Purdey? :D

Depends what you want to put in it? How big does it need to be?

When out shooting, I'd have two... one was a Jack Pyke cartridge bag (duotex), big enough for a wee flask, something to eat and other small items.
The other, was a larger French army surplus backpack with loads of pockets and super-strong, waterproof material.

A mate had a Jack Pyke canvas gamebag which was pretty good and not too expensive.

Or you could plump for a ridiculously expensive Purdey? :D

hey HD,
thanks for the response, as for what i wanna use it for is basically like you said few bits n bobs such as sandwich and snacks plus a flask for coffee....buuuut i also want to have a easy clean/hygenic so as to put rabbits and the such in after ive deaded 'em! say for about half dozen or so.
ill have a look at the purdey ones however i dont want to spend a fortune just something thats practical and looks reaasonable! :)

Dan

flaaaamin' hell just checked out the purdey stuff!! ooooucheey! thats well out my price range and should be beyond anyone with any sense to not buy em!haha. bonkers!!

Indeed :D

Can't look beyond the Jack Pyke gear, myself. For the £££s, it has certainly worn well, and has been well worn :D

Second for the Jack Pike.......cant go wrong with them :)
Not that I have used mine lately:rolleyes::(
Easy to clean and very durable.

Just bought a 22 quid one from the local gun shop as a temp measure until i can get myself the apex predator bag! :) its shiney n gucci and i likes it! :D haha. But think the JPs are smart bags! :)

i would go for a rucksack if i was regularly getting half a dozen rabbits plus you can shoot easier

I use carrier bags myself - its recycling them innit?
Every little helps.

But to be fair - the critters tend to sweat a bit in there if left for too long - everything gets a bit soggy.

Well not sure about a rucksack as im not that good....yet! Haha.but deffo not a bad idea for carrying all the odds n sods like food and err food! Haha. Carrier bags would be ok but would have to leave them in the car else the scrunching would scatter the targets before i got close! So ive bought a basic looking one for 20 quid til i can justify the apex predator! :D haha

The buckles on Jack Pyke game bags will eventually let you down. They're cheap and rust like hell.
No joke when you have a bag full of bunnies and the strap buckle snaps. Other than that I can't fault them. Swap out the buckles and they're all good.

…….bale twine. Or for posh bushcrafters, paracord.;)
…….Or some s hooks off your belt

No blood, poo or pee in your bag.....

(3 of us had nearly 200 rabbits one night....and no, no bags then, either!:eek:)

Back