• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

BI POD

I have a cheap Chinese copy of a Deban 9"-13" bipod that was under £20 from eBay....I have needed Replace the split ring that the strap fits to but apart from that it's fine. Nothing special but not much different from more expensive branded versions .

I have a cheap Chinese copy of a Deban 9"-13" bipod that was under £20 from eBay....I have needed Replace the split ring that the strap fits to but apart from that it's fine. Nothing special but not much different from more expensive branded versions .

linc please :cool:

I've had it so long any link would be meaningless there is a very bad image of it on the CZ in shooting media

As with a lot of things it’s partly down to budget. I’d whole heartedly recommend any of the Harris bipods but at first glance they seem pricey for what they are, I’ve also got a Caldwell version that came as part of a package with my hmr and honestly it’s not a patch on the Harris. The Caldwell is a lot lighter (but not in a good way), it does the same job and I use it if it’s the one that’s to hand but tend to wish I’d picked up the other one when it’s time to use it :)

As bionic said. Harris is probably the best on the market. Must admit I didn’t like the bipods. My mate had the Harris swivel Genuine Harris Swivel Bipod S-BRM 6-9" Notched Leg Bipod - UK Seller 51156112123 | eBay

He swore by it. The thing is the price they are one of the best but what there used for you could buy the non branded ones matt Tactical Super Duty Bipod 6-9" Swivel Rifle Hunting Swivel Top 799804324879 | eBay
Fair enough this one dose look like the terminators ball sk but it will do the job

As bionic said. Harris is probably the best on the market. Must admit I didn’t like the bipods. My mate had the Harris swivel Genuine Harris Swivel Bipod S-BRM 6-9" Notched Leg Bipod - UK Seller 51156112123 | eBay

He swore by it. The thing is the price they are one of the best but what there used for you could buy the non branded ones matt Tactical Super Duty Bipod 6-9" Swivel Rifle Hunting Swivel Top 799804324879 | eBay
Fair enough this one dose look like the terminators ball sk but it will do the job

thanks for the linc,s mate :)

I have a set of the primos trigger sticks as well as a home made hazel set and if you’re set up in a fixed position (hide etc) they’re brilliant but if if you’re walking and generally having a mooch about I find them a bit of a pain in the arse to lug about :)

Well if we're talking hides I have a swivel seat with a gun rest from when I was going to set up an elevated fox blind/hide years ago when I lived up north. It's had very little use but it's comfy and solid image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I take it no one is considering a bipod with a springer?

I do use a springer, but on an adjustable, swivelling shooting stick...a monopod

I don't have a bipod or any dedicated rests with my air rifles. It sounds daft but I usually take a springer with me when I'm shooting Pigeons with a 12 bore. When it goes a little quiet when they sit up digesting their first feed, as is often the case, I plink with the air rifle.
Sometimes I'll put a target out amongst the decoys, empty 12 cases or something and use them for practice, so I tend to use natural rests from the hedgerow or the net poles as a rest.

@Matt sorry mate missed this one.

As already said the Harris pods take some beating.
Whatever you choose.....go for a 9 to 13 and a swivel head is so worth the extra few bob.
The Primos sticks are brilliant and very well made great in a hide but as said above heavy and a pain to lug around.....better off in the field with a pair made from bamboo canes.

Last edited:
@Matt sorry mate missed this one.

As already said the Harris pods take some beating.
Whatever you choose.....go for a 9 to 13 and a swivel head is so worth the extra few bob.
The Primos sticks are brilliant and very well made great in a hide but as said above heavy and a pain to lug around.....better off in the field with a pair made from bamboo canes.
I used to shoot a HW77 and consequently have Biceps like Thrud the Barbarian, I have no need for shooting sticks:)

Bipods with a springer don't really work, but a shooting stick? I do carry and use a mono pod with my HW97 K....a fork lift maybe better, but it scares away the pigeons....

New shotgun coming hopefully???? for some winter pigeon flighting...………..

Back