• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Biapod mount

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
been needing a biapod for a while but didnt want to drill a hole in my new stock for a sling swivel mount :rolleyes:

just waiting for these to come back into stock

However, if you should change your mind and fit some QD studs you could use a loop sling in conjunction with the bipod. That little bit of tension in the loop sling means that you are rock steady....just sayin'

@Matt

This could be another alternative to the clamp and drilling options for the rifle.
No packing needed......no movement......and filling will remain easy........solid base.

Just a thought......not cheap......but not much to go wrong either?

@Matt

This could be another alternative to the clamp and drilling options for the rifle.
No packing needed......no movement......and filling will remain easy........solid base.

Just a thought......not cheap......but not much to go wrong either?
worth a thought mate ... thanks for posting it up :thumbsup:

I just drilled the stock on my AA410K, measured about twenty times and then drilled about five with progressively larger drills.

When I fitted the studs to my CZ I positioned the stud in the fore end as the starting point, marked it then stripped it down before drilling the woodwork to make sure I wasn't going to interfere with any mounts, working parts or impinge on the barrel. The stud manufacturer will say on the packet what size to drill but it important to grease the screw slightly before starting screwing it in...it makes it much easier to line up properly as the screw gets tighter.
If you're mounting a Harris type bipod to a QD stud on the fore end it is also important to NOT put too much thickness of spacer under it (those little white spacers that come with studs)
I have a vast ignorance of bench rest shooting but from what I have seen it's possible to achieve an amazing degree of accuracy with something like the rest that Bill linked to

The trouble with bench rest shooting is that pigeons and rabbits don't tend to hang around whilst setting up? :mad:

And as for carrying rests up tress to squirrel hides..............:rofl:

-Actually those rests above look good. I can see no problem clamping around an air bottle, they are very strong (holding almost similar pressures as dive tanks). AirRifle centre fitted my bipod when I bought my Weihrauch, so I cheated............
Needless to say, don't use a rest or clamp on a springer, you won't hit a "very big thing" from six feet!:eek:

Found this mate........any good?

Back