• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Big lessen learnt.

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
When I first started shooting, apart form the little buzz i was getting, i think now that i was trying to improve or experiment with too many variants at the same time, pellet, distance, hold, scope etc etc, and i was getting rather frustrated at times as to why i had no real consistency.

I have now realised to change one thing at a time until i am happy with it, by buying that shooting stick i no longer have to use my backpack as a bench rest and shooting from a slightly different position each time

I am staying at 50 feet for the time being, but in a shooting position that is staying more constant, yes i am using the military hold and resting my hand on the stick and it does make a big difference.

Next thing is the scope will be getting a rubber eye piece so that my eye is in the same position just resting against it
P1370056_Fotor.jpg
P1370054_Fotor.jpg

Very nice groupings, have you tried not using the stick but still using the artillery hold with your left elbow braced against your chest. As you breath you will see the target rise and fall in your sight. When you're on target, pause your breathing on an exhalation and fire smoothly. If I can get a 5 pellet in 1 inch group at 25 meters with my old cometa 300 you should be able to with yours. Don't give up if it all goes to crap at first, it will all click into place.....After that it's practicing sitting and prone.

Just getting better and better Med.....that is good shooting :thumbsup::)

Something else that will help you (and often forgotten) is......"Following Through" with the shot.

After you have gently squeezed off the shot.......hold/keep that trigger blade back.......and stay looking at the target through the scope until you hear or see the pellet strike the target :thumbsup:

Sitting....and kneeling positions are worth the effort to master as well.....and you may find you prefer one of those positions over shooting "standing" from the sticks........although you can still use the sticks shooting off hand in those positions if you wanted too.

Standing......sitting and kneeling are out for me these days.......but I still enjoy Prone shooting :)

Keep at it mate......you are doing well and its nice to see.

Back