• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bikepacking Kit.

I've looked at the bike trailer's Joe, but it could be a bit of a hassle getting it over locked gates and stiles, when i'm out on a trip.

I think i'm just rather carry my kit on the bike :thumbsup:

If i was just riding on roads i think a trailer would be ideal, be taking it off road it would be bouncing all over, esp on some of the trails out in the sticks.
As a land owner I will just point out that if there is a stile then the path is solely a footpath, not a carriage way or bridal path. This means that there is no legal right of access for a bicycle.
Stiles and gates are usually put in place for good reason. If a landowner allows access across their land or maintains rights of way, footpaths, stiles and gates it is better not to abuse their property.
If in doubt check with the county council definitive map to find out which rights of way are suitable for a bicycle.

Back