• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bikepacking Kit.

Ah this is interesting.
I invested in an adventure/gravel bike last year as none of what I have already are suitable for longer distance as have two BMX (to small) and a very old Cannondale freeride (to much suspension, downhill orientated).
Intial idea was up fitness, down weight, check cholesterol without Drugs along with fun over distance avoiding as much road (cars, traffic) as possible instead using cycle track, farmers track, fire road instead which I have been going out once a weekend for a 45-50k ride. Sometimes a little longer and once did 80k towards end of last year but in all honesty it was sheer mind over matter that got me home the last 5k on that one and half killed me lol. All this led on to me investing in a frame bag in the last month with ideas of one nighters and possible hammock being lighter than tent. I'd need to invest in one of those seatpacks I think but the idea hasn't gone and I ride with the frame bag regardless now.
I'll be watching this thread with interest.
_20180221_230652.JPG

My rig with recent frame bag.

I need to seriously get kit together for this, it's happening this year and we're well into it now so it's about time.

Good on you, same with the Norge since 2007. In the 80s, I had a Spada, which was absolutely everything I could have wanted. Nothing available I would want to change the Norge for.......

I admire you guys with Motorbikes.......freedom!!
Wish I had taken a test when I was younger :rolleyes:

Hi Lol.

Hope you had a good day with the races :thumbsup:

Going for a Bike course now wouldn't be a problem.
It is something I would like to share with my wife.....but she does not like Motorbikes at all.
Often see bikes around here kitted out...........lovely way to travel.:thumbsup:

It is indeed a lovely way to travel, and always end up meeting and speaking to all sorts of people, wherever parked up.

My partner no longer likes to travel on motorbikes despite doing so for all our lives., so I don't use it as much as I'd like.....
The races were a real education (I'm a sailor and canoeist...) as I was there as race medic :eek::eek::eek::eek::rofl:!!

Just seen this thread, I decided to make my own panniers. Front is two Bergen side pouches and a respirator bag, rear is two recycling bins, fitted to a rear pannier bracket. Metal work cost nowt as it is salvaged aluminium pipe from a Zimmer frame, a few bolts and zip ties. Low cost and works really well.
WP_20180804_18_44_40_Pro.jpg

buying a dynamo to turn into a charger for mobile phone, batteries etc. Also going to buy some new tyres, its got 26x2.10 nobbly tyres on at the mo, great for off road, but a swine on the road! Getting some 26x1.95 hybrid semi-slick tyres so good on and off road. Got some of that anti puncture liquid from Wilko's. Also going to get that clear plastic strip thing you put in the tyres to further protect against punctures. Rear light on the way, looking for some indicators too as much handier than sticking your arm out!

Last edited:
Back