• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

BILTONG

Kings wagyu is a must try people. Excellent quality and nice and juicy. Tad dear at £3 considering what you get...but if you come across it then you won’t be disappointed :thumbsup:

3 quid..... I buy the steak when its got the yellow stickers and get a shed load for 3 quid. Jings and crivvens man, do you think I'm made of money. :lol:

I've made some pretty good stews off camping with Jerky. I have to buy it in though. The only time I made it was an expensive exercise in lack of self control.:oopsy::lol:

3 quid..... I buy the steak when its got the yellow stickers and get a shed load for 3 quid. Jings and crivvens man, do you think I'm made of money. :lol:

The other half said something similar :lol: wasn’t as polite tho:oopsy::lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
I've made some pretty good stews off camping with Jerky. I have to buy it in though. The only time I made it was an expensive exercise in lack of self control.:oopsy::lol:

A could live on stew...love the stuff

A plan on making a drying box and giving it a go..

A bit off topic.....sorry...…..pigeon curry tonight:)

(found some old, freezer burnt pigeon breasts in the bottom of the freezer..........) Bloody good:D

A bit off topic.....sorry...…..pigeon curry tonight:)

(found some old, freezer burnt pigeon breasts in the bottom of the freezer..........) Bloody good:D

That sounds intriguing, how was it ? I don't tend to think of rich meat with curries, just curious.

Saying that... I've had black pudding and haggis pakora before and I'm a big fan of the haggis pakora, taking things off on yet another tangent.

LOVE the sound of that!!

Pigeon curry? Very good (thoughI say myself!) the boss said so too!
Very beefy? I tend to grind up my spices fresh, and cover the meat in it for a few hours.
Standard base of softened onions and garlic, extra spices cooked off and meat browned. Beef stock and tomato paste, salt and pepper....potato and hard boiled eggs added and cooked in oven for about 40 mins or until chopped spuds cooked?
Side dishes/rice to suit....? 👍

LOVE the sound of that!!

Pigeon curry? Very good (thoughI say myself!) the boss said so too!
Very beefy? I tend to grind up my spices fresh, and cover the meat in it for a few hours.
Standard base of softened onions and garlic, extra spices cooked off and meat browned. Beef stock and tomato paste, salt and pepper....potato and hard boiled eggs added and cooked in oven for about 40 mins or until chopped spuds cooked?
Side dishes/rice to suit....? 👍
That's pretty much how I do it Lol, for me though my favourite is belly pork, my Gurkhas taught me how to cook that one

For me its lots of onions softened and then softened some more (slow cooker is your friend) with the spices, garlic, chilli etc. with a bit of stock and passata. This makes the base gravy then pimp it with whatever you're cooking, I still have a hankering to make a home made tandoor, plenty vids on youtube.

If I'm "stewing" meat, I always sear it/brown it first to seal it...……...

Back