• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bimble and carving pack.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Looking forward to spending a few hours out and about in the woods and practicing some carving this year.

Been getting a few bits n pieces together to go in the pack.........ongoing and not complete yet.
I will more than likely add and remove.....adapt and amend the kit as I move on with it.

The first bit of kit I am changing is the firebox for a lighter Bushbox XL.
At the moment the pack weighs in at just under 20lbs....including 1ltr of water.......take away another 2lb from the change over from Firebox to Bushbox should bring me down to about 18lbs.
I do not intend to be walking for miles on end with it but need the basics.

Shelter.
Fire and brewing/food.
Belt kit.
Wildlife Hatchet.
First aid.
Carving bits n bobs/book.....sharpening and stropping kit.
Water.
Radio.
Headlight.

On the lookout now for a nice titanium frying pan.

Not complete yet....but have made a start:thumbsup:

DSC03106.JPG

DSC03107.JPG

DSC03108.JPG

DSC03109.JPG

Need to add a bit of cordage a few tent pegs and some bug repellent......but it is a start :thumbsup:

Looking good bill:thumbsup: a like the utilities belt mate;) I was just about to say....where is the first aid kit. But I see it now ....so I shal say nothing :rofl:

Looking forward to the write ups about your trips :D

Cheers, Mark.:thumbsup:

Must admit that I am an Armchair Bushcrafter/wild camper at the moment and sit here banging on the computer keys and not getting out!!
I like to do things properly if I can....and to have permission to be on the land.....and the woods that I use.

Having lost the permission to use the woods (I still shoot in.).........like many others I need to take the stealth approach and just do it.......find some hideaways:thumbsup::D
So hopefully I will have some write-ups soon....instead of just sitting here talking about it:rofl:

Hence the Bimble pack and kit:thumbsup:

One of the new farms that came in for the shooting has a nice small copse in one of the fields......hoping I may get permission to use that when there are no animals in it.:thumbsup:

hopefully you get somewhere bill:thumbsup: we all sit and talk about it so don’t be to hard on yourself mate (ok a little hard on yourself:rofl:) would like to get out more myself but I can’t at the mo lol.

The small copse sounds like a good plan mate:thumbsup:

Of course, we do Mark all part and parcel of it mate, sharing ideas and so on........keeps the forum alive too:thumbsup:

I want to get my foot in the door with the farmer first....let him see some results from my being there as far as his pests are concerned.....then I will pop the question about the use of the copse :thumbsup:

Until then it will be a stealth hideaway :cool:

See! there you lot go again... You have no idea how lucky you are to have choices... And darn good choices ta-boot...

I'm puke-green with envy That "spanner" set <knife fork & spoon> Simply outclasses anything we can get off the shelf....

no-fair

Of course, we do Mark all part and parcel of it mate, sharing ideas and so on........keeps the forum alive too:thumbsup:

I want to get my foot in the door with the farmer first....let him see some results from my being there as far as his pests are concerned.....then I will pop the question about the use of the copse :thumbsup:

Until then it will be a stealth hideaway :cool:

Personally I think the stealth hideaway is more Appealing :D

See! there you lot go again... You have no idea how lucky you are to have choices... And darn good choices ta-boot...

I'm puke-green with envy That "spanner" set <knife fork & spoon> Simply outclasses anything we can get off the shelf....

no-fair

We may be a little envy of your situation dodat :D wide open space beautiful but dangerous.

As I said above.....I was on the lookout for a Titanium frying pan to add to the bimble day bag kit.......to rustle up a bit of breakfast or lunch.
I just could not justify the cost of some of the kits.:cool:

So I went for aluminium nonstick nesting set.
The plus side being........I can use the internal space to store and protect some sausage egg and bacon or whatever:thumbsup:
Doubt I will use the little bits n bobs that come with it.

I do think the little piece of luffa is a great idea for cleaning.......not too abrasive on the coatings of the pans:thumbsup:

Happy days :):thumbsup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-Outdo...405670?hash=item4674a0cba6:g:J9wAAOSwi4laXaNa

Not a bad price :thumbsup:

Reference the above pan set....its arrived...... I am well happy with it......for the money it looks and feels pretty good.
Hopefully try it out soon.

Service was quick and no hassles.

Back