• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bio light stove

Look up peltier generator on google. It's very simple to make a fire powered charger for less than £25. I have tried making one before but didnthe have a big enough heatsink at the time. Has inspired me to get it off the shelf and finish it off

Look up peltier generator on google. It's very simple to make a fire powered charger for less than £25. I have tried making one before but didnthe have a big enough heatsink at the time. Has inspired me to get it off the shelf and finish it off

I would be interested in some work in progress pics please :)

Bopdude its performance varies a great deal with different fuels so a good review is going to need a few trials with differences between the size and type of fuel. I have found that dry pine, birch or ash to be best when they're split fine with the bark removed. Fatwood, pine cones or pine knots are also ideal. A rolled up ball of wood shavings is a great way to get the biolite started.
Also don't forget that the fan will continue to run after the fire is out in order to prevent damage to the thermocouple charger unit.

Back