• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bio light stove

Having used all 3 of them I find the Tra

It's the Biolite 2 in Orange. I'll probably give it a test tomorrow when Rob and myself are out :)

Nice one Al........hope you enjoy and are happy with the stove and trials.........have a great trip.....look forward to the write-up and pictures mate 👍:)

The Trangia sets are tried and tested mate and have earned the following and reputation they hold👍
Currently using the 25-7 UL-HA ideal for 2/4 people and comes with the non-stick frying pan and pots.........got fed up of scrubbing burnt mess tins :whistle::D:D
I will admit to being a little bit obsessed about avoiding cooking with Teflon/non stick, that is why I fancied the plain stainless set

Decided to go for it will order next Tuesday when dosh hits the bank
I've been giving this some serious thought today and I can't justify spending the dosh this close to the trip north when I already have more stoves than I can use ... I will get one but I think it would be prudent of me to wait as I'd rather have the £130 in my pocket for the trip north incase of any emergency, s.. Will wait for the review

I've been giving this some serious thought today and I can't justify spending the dosh this close to the trip north when I already have more stoves than I can use ... I will get one but I think it would be prudent of me to wait as I'd rather have the £130 in my pocket for the trip north incase of any emergency, s.. Will wait for the review

Fair play to you mate.....I expect there will be a few left by the time you are ready:)👍

@WildWood1965 will be gutted mind you :(:(:D

What style stove will you take instead Matt, something tried and tested? You may find everyone is coming to you for a cup of tea..

YEAH RIGHT!!!.......we will be lucky :D:D:D
Matt making tea has only been captured on film a handful of times:whistle::sneaky:...........harder to spot than the Wildcats in Scotland :rolleyes::D:p

My first impression of the stove, better weight and pack size than I thought for what you get, as stated earlier, you'll need a fair amount of prepped wood to sustain a flame, I managed 2 half decent burns with rubbish prep, didn't get to use the pot in anger though. The light is great, doing a test burn with cat litter pellets at the moment, is it worth creating another thread ? I didn't think so :)

Nothing scientific but test results, a chamber filled just below the secondary burn ducts burns for about an hour, a slack hand full of pellets (1oz) brings 500ml water to a boil in about 6 minutes, that's not bad in my book ?

Are you a convert to the cause then Bopdude?

I think I might be coming round to it, I'll have to weigh it out but I'm thinking maybe 2 kilo of pellets will do a 2 nighter as primary or back up fuel if nothing else is found, I'll take it out in 2 weeks time for a couple of nights and play for real ;)

Hi Al.

Another thread would be good mate👍.........with details.......charge % and times.....fuel tests etc....along with some nice pictures of it on the go :)
Glad to hear you enjoyed using it.

OK, 2 weeks time I'm out so will give it the treatment with pics and all :) I'll copy and paste the earlier text into it, must just add, I would gladly use this in a Lavuu.

Resurrecting this thread. Thinking of one of these for myself. Any views?
Well mine is still going strong, I don't often use the grill accessory though. These days I seem to use the trangia 25 along with a cast iron frying pan for most things.

I have one of the bio lite 2 stoves with the big stainless steel cup thing, it does work well but too much attention needed for my liking, if you're interested and want a second hand good condition set up then give me a shout.

Back