• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Birch bark stuff

Matt Mac

Extremely Talkative
Hi guys making my first birch bark item. Simple match box like ray mears. Il keep you updated.
Cheers
IMG_20161212_132145810.jpg
IMG_20161212_133728529.jpg
IMG_20161212_134456865.jpg

Hi Matt.

Interesting post mate:thumbsup:
Looking good so far........look forward to seeing the finished item.....nice:thumbsup:

Ya I have done a few spirits but I'm no pro. I've sort of moved away from it a bit recently due to working in a workshop, but I'm hoping to do a lot more when I get some time. Ide like to make a kuksa with fire and spoon knife. We will see. What about you?

Ya I have done a few spirits but I'm no pro. I've sort of moved away from it a bit recently due to working in a workshop, but I'm hoping to do a lot more when I get some time. Ide like to make a kuksa with fire and spoon knife. We will see. What about you?
I make the odd spoon Matt but mainly I carve walking sticks

Hi Matt.

Stick some pictures up mate.:thumbsup:

I can understand your feelings if your in a workshop all day.
Wood spirits and Kuskas interest me too.
Just getting started in wood carving.....well after Christmas some time.
Got a couple of basic knives.... but hoping the chap in the red hat will deliver some more bits and bobs;):D

Sorry for taking your thread off track a bit:(:thumbsup:

Needed to double wrap it round rather than just one. Gives the side to side glue that strengths it all up. Went to plug up the end and ripped the side.:(

Back