• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bird fledgling ID

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Cut a tree down only for mum to scarper and this lost evicted, ID?
P1130004.JPG

tree fell and saw mum flap off, might be hurt a bit as well was going to put them in another tree but i doubt they would make it, took them home looking for rescue centre, all healthy and all and went to pet food shop and they LOVE meal worms! They snoozing away after a few worms . next move?

tree fell and saw mum flap off, might be hurt a bit as well was going to put them in another tree but i doubt they would make it, took them home looking for rescue centre, all healthy and all and went to pet food shop and they LOVE meal worms! They snoozing away after a few worms . next move?
If they're dried mealworms be sure to soak them first before feeding them to the chicks.

The chicks look like Blackbird. They do nest early. Thrush do mud linings though and they do like insect food.
I would suggest either blackbirds or thrushes Pete, definitely not parrots sea eagles or flamingos.
Following on to what Paul said dried meal worms should be soaked, little fledglings like that can go downhill very quickly from dehydration

That piece of shell looks like the inner curve of the egg Mike so it wont be much good for ID
It's an excretion parcel from one of the chicks, normally carried off by the parents and dumped away from the nest site
to avoid drawing predators. In colour Robin eggs are a mix of light/mid buff.

British robins eggs are light brown, I suggest you all find a nest instead of googling, I've seen thousands of robin nests,
not one single blue egg.

These are the Robins eggs I've been seeing for the last 50 odd years, slightly brown but definitely not blue.

Attachments

• 0552.P1050457_AA.jpg
    0552.P1050457_AA.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 30
These are the Robins eggs I've been seeing for the last 50 odd years, slightly brown but definitely not blue.
That's the trouble you see, yours are the proper colour being in Wales but because HC is from The Pool the top layer of paint has bin robbed off the eggs so his are blue. They can't leave owt alone in The Pool.
🤣🤣🤣

Back