• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bit more practice.

divebuddy

Staff member
Couple of hours on the range today. Ten shots in each target at 25 and 30 yards.
Nice warm fire.
IMG_20221224_120411.jpg
IMG_20221224_121939.jpg
IMG_20221224_120001.jpg

IMG_20221224_115913.jpg

Nice rifle. I found the R10 a bit heavy for hunting and HFT for me. 👍
Yes I agree the R10 is definitely a heavy rifle and long. I liked the idea of the bigger air capacity especial when shooting down the local range while my friends would have to keep going to get there's filled up where as I was emptying half a tin of pellets without needing to.
Once my son is a bit bigger I'd be very tempted to get an ultra for him to use. ( I might have to borrow it once in a while though) 😉

The Ultra is a cracking little gun and for not a huge amount of money (relatively) it or the Scorpion can be even better. Longer titanium tube and a reg and fettle from airtek will get you to over 100 shots per 250bar fill and you'll still have a very pointable, light gun. Still prefer my 97k though lol.

Great gun the ultra. I've got a BSA R10TH with a Huma regulator. I was always a Springer person but decided to upgrade after seeing and handling this which was for sale second hand in my local gun shop.View attachment 116907
I like the R10 very much, everything about it seems well considered. There is something to be said for adding weight to the butt to shift the centre of balance back into the shoulder. I very rarely shoot off hand these days so the extra weight isn't an issue for me.

I like the R10 very much, everything about it seems well considered. There is something to be said for adding weight to the butt to shift the centre of balance back into the shoulder. I very rarely shoot off hand these days so the extra weight isn't an issue for me.
My friend has the R10 MK2 which was nice but for me I much prefer the feel of the thumbhole grip on the TH.
I did have a look at the new R12'S a few weeks ago when I was in the shop getting my dive tank filled and I certainly didn't feel any need to upgrade from what I have. Every time I open the case it's in a big smile appears on my face.

Every time I open the case it's in a big smile appears on my face.
And that's what it's all about.
No matter the gun we all have favourites, I can open both cabinets and the 97k still draws my eye, even though I'm really enjoying the scatter guns atm the springers still hold a special place in my heart.

And that's what it's all about.
No matter the gun we all have favourites, I can open both cabinets and the 97k still draws my eye, even though I'm really enjoying the scatter guns atm the springers still hold a special place in my heart.
There's definitely something about the simplicity of the Springer. Ive got an old cometa fenix in .22 which is really nice.

Back