• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bloody hot hot 🥵

Ark79

Site Manager
BBQ and beer 🍺😁 beer first lol

13FF0A43-1788-47C2-BDCC-DEFE0606840E.jpeg

Anyone else having a burn oot 😂

I’m not drinking any booze today, I’d just get dehydrated and headachy….just loads of chilled mint tea with honey. I’ve been doing a little joinery in my shed and it’s like a bloody oven. The roads around town are totally messed up by a bunch of useless teenage traffic marshall’s who probably don’t even hold driving licences. There are enough overheated, sunburned, pissed up and grumpy people around already without me joining in. 🥵

Last edited:
Sheriff Matt Warren, It came from outer space....:
"Did you know, Putnam, more people are murdered at ninety-two degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once - lower temperatures, people are easy-going. Over ninety two, it's too hot to move. But just ninety-two, people get irritable!"

am very irritated at the moment, just argued with a traffic warden, proper fecked up my mood 👎 the big spilling oot his uniform sweating a sea and huffing and puffing 5 foot Danny devito looking mess that he was, gave me a ticket even though I bought one, however I put the thing upside down on my dash 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ … threatening me with the police, I’m going to the police, right I said the police station is up the hill , I’ll walk your fat arss over and we can talk to them together, videoed the whole thing so I had no worries, unlike this rant I conducted myself well as I have manners…. Was fun watching him walking up hill the thick eejit he is…. 😡 he pissed me of and that’s not an easy thing to do 👎

am very irritated at the moment, just argued with a traffic warden, proper fecked up my mood 👎 the big spilling oot his uniform sweating a sea and huffing and puffing 5 foot Danny devito looking mess that he was, gave me a ticket even though I bought one, however I put the thing upside down on my dash 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ … threatening me with the police, I’m going to the police, right I said the police station is up the hill , I’ll walk your fat arss over and we can talk to them together, videoed the whole thing so I had no worries, unlike this rant I conducted myself well as I have manners…. Was fun watching him walking up hill the thick eejit he is…. 😡 he pissed me of and that’s not an easy thing to do 👎
Sorry you had some twat disturbing your equilibrium Mark, it happens to the best of us.

It was unnecessary Mike 👎 but what can you do 🤷🏼‍♂️ Eejits will be eejits …. At least by harassing me he was leaving someone else alone 👍🏻
I live in an estate comprising of numerous flats, the other Sunday I parked along the road because there was a furniture lorry blocking my parking bay. A few days later I got a letter and a hundred pound parking fine. No double yellow lines, no signs to say I couldn't park, disabled badge clearly on display so I'm going to ignore it. my neighbour across the road so far has about 600 quids worth of tickets and keeps telling the parking company to take him to court which they haven't done

On Mark's OP. Gotta admit Ive been following UK weather closely and have been astonished at your 40 degrees record. I've been in UK a number of times in during warm weather and I've found it stifling.

Obviously your buildings and architecture is aimed at heat conservation not cooling. My wife and I came to UK about three years ago when daytime temps reached about 35 degrees. Our hotel room had a tiny window that would not open... it was nuts!

I do hope everybody there makes it safely through this latest warm spell. Sadly I think we are all going to need to become more resilient and adaptive in the coming years. A spot called Marble Bar round here recently topped 50 degrees. This is not a common occurrence but perhaps a taste of things to come...

God help us all.

But Marks risk management strategy has exceptional merit

Alan

Back