• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Blummin cold.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
So, the hand break on the van has been frozen on solid for a week, then Thursday the water pump in the milking parlour froze so no water to there or to the house. Pump fixed on Friday but when I got home no water to the power shower....spent an hour shaking ice out of pipes in the loft, must have frozen when just the dregs in there.
Good news is I'm now clean and mobile again.
Temp guage in the car was showing -8ā° one morning, very unnecessary šŸ˜’

Itā€™s been much milder here today Manny. T shirt weather this afternoon. The plumbing jobs are on hold waiting for parts, luckily we have built in redundancies so thereā€™s no panic. Toasty warm after a meal of smoked fish and quinoa with lashings of home grown garlic and chilli. Iā€™d forgotten how much I enjoyed cooking on the Rayburn.

Yea was much warmer last night as we had a little cloud cover.
I was stumped why the cold water had stopped (hot was fine) as we had 2 big tanks put in the loft we we fitted the pumped shower and I though the cold came from them as well as the hot, but the cold appears to come off of the pumped "main", and I'm not sure thats the right thing to do.
But it's OK now .

Back