• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bog In A Bag

lol

Extremely Addicted
Does anyone have experience of this? I'm particularly interested concerning disposal: they say the bag is biodegradeable? What is meant by this, can it be buried appropriately, or how is it disposed?

Many thanks

Yes.....there are quite a few of us that use these now :thumbsup:

Using it and then burying it kind of defeats the object.........which is to keep our wild spaces free of our.............. and other peoples waste :thumbsup:
We pick up after our dogs (or should do ) so why should we be different?
They seal very well and can be placed in an extra biodegradable bag for added security and disposed of in a bin at home or other.

The bonus is you can attend to business in the shelter of your tent......or with a poncho draped over you if under a tarp.

Yes.....there are quite a few of us that use these now :thumbsup:

Using it and then burying it kind of defeats the object.........which is to keep our wild spaces free of our.............. and other peoples waste :thumbsup:
We pick up after our dogs (or should do ) so why should we be different?
They seal very well and can be placed in an extra biodegradable bag for added security and disposed of in a bin at home or other.

The bonus is you can attend to business in the shelter of your tent......or with a poncho draped over you if under a tarp.

Cheers. So it goes in a home bin???? Or compost heap?

Home bin.....no problem.
Thank you....having searched for various reviews, forgive me and don't anyone answer if it bothers them on a public forum......but does it work for men, if one was to defaecate and urinate simultaneously?
One Amazon review suggests not?

Men or women Lol......... there are some crystals that absorb any liquids within the bag :thumbsup:
Best to let soak after use to give the crystals time to absorb.

Right........so now we're moving away from BoginABag?

I like the BoginABag for being able to use as a normal, "seat" and for the bags which solidify in part the waste. Your latter example, which looks very comfortable dare I say, makes no mention of this with it's bags. Bloody good price though......

As I said above @lol ^^^buy the seat and buy the bags on their own........no reason you can't use the toilet seat as a chair.....it would be comfortable than the little 3 legged chair........and more stable......better hieght :thumbsup:

Ok you're selling it to me, irrespective of everyone seeing I'm cooking sitting on a loo ring..........:(

...just bought one......as per your instructions :thumbsup:

(This is all making your handle "One Shot Willie" so appropriate !:D)

Thank you!

Last edited:
@lol.

Glad it was of use to you Lol:thumbsup:

You will be the envy of the campsite..........not everyone can take a :poo: and cook at the same time:whistle::rofl:
The photos should make interesting viewing :thumbsup::rofl:

On that seat there is a central ring that clips in and out......tuck the bag around that and it holds everything nice and secure.:thumbsup:

@lol.

Glad it was of use to you Lol:thumbsup:

You will be the envy of the campsite..........not everyone can take a :poo: and cook at the same time:whistle::rofl:
The photos should make interesting viewing :thumbsup::rofl:

On that seat there is a central ring that clips in and out......tuck the bag around that and it holds everything nice and secure.:thumbsup:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't think I have ever laughed so much on a posting on this forum!!

Maybe I am too oldschool, but for me it is the good ole "Donnerbalken" only (translates literally as "thunder log"). Google it, it is fun. :rofl:

you cant beat carrying a bag of pooh through the woods early in the morning. On most sites these days digging a hole and taking a dump is a thing of the past

you cant beat carrying a bag of pooh through the woods early in the morning.

Oooh let me think...yes I think I can.............NOT carrying said bag....!!!:oopsy:

Anyone contemplating purchasing 1 Shot Willies favoured evac. system should know that the bags it comes with are normal bin bags. You will? need to budget for some compostable/biodegradableinoneslifetime poo bags

Back