• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Boiler

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Well, our boiler has given up the ghost and stopped working.:rolleyes:
It's a Valiant and is about 13 years old now......don't want to be chasing repair bills so going to replace it probably.
Thinking about a Baxi in the eco range..........any recommendations here??

Last edited:
That's cool Matt........ glad you got it sorted mate.

Our boiler is quite old now so changing it seems to be the better option for us anyway.
Got my mate coming around on Wednesday night to have a look.....will go firm on a decision then.
Lorraine and I are sat with the "Mr Heater Portable Fire" in the front room it's doing a good job of keeping us warm :D
The real pain is having no hot water on tap..............like being back in the woods again :rolleyes:🤣

Hi Bam.

That's a bloody good idea mate.................I can just see Lorraine stood in the garden while I hose her down with that 🤣

Jesting with you of course............carry it up to the shower cubical and away you go 👍:)

Thanks for your good luck wishes mate 👍

weve got the new (well 2 years old now) Valiant boiler cant fault it ....only thing to go wrong was the battery's in the wireless thermostat :rolleyes::whistle:

Yes the Valiant Boilers are good Matt............from what I have been reading.....the newer ones are very efficient and energy saving👍
Going for a more up to date model could save us in the long run.

Hi Bam.

That's a bloody good idea mate.................I can just see Lorraine stood in the garden while I hose her down with that 🤣

Jesting with you of course............carry it up to the shower cubical and away you go 👍:)

Thanks for your good luck wishes mate 👍

My missus isn't keen on the idea either but isn't that the way with bloody Princesses. :lol:

I do not believe, that a Vailant boiler only lasts 13 years.
I recommend to call a technician.

I guess, it is only the circuit breaker, which is HIDDEN. They don't want, that everybody can press it back, because that could become dangerous.

But to press it back costs two minutes.
So perhaps it costs you 20£ to "repair" it.

Last edited:
Well, my mate "Micky" came and fitted a new fan to our boiler.....it was a no go.
The failure of the fan has fried the Mother Board.
Coming next week Mon/Tues to fit a new one.........which is probably the most sensible root to follow.👍

Looks like the hosepipe for a few more days 🤣

Always worth a try mate :)

By the time you add up the price of both the fan AND the motherboard + labour and with no guarantees on what will go wrong next due to its age.......we could end up chasing our tails :D

Bread and water now for the next year :whistle:🤣

Well, our boiler has given up the ghost and stopped working.:rolleyes:
It's a Valiant and is about 13 years old now......don't want to be chasing repair bills so going to replace it probably.
Thinking about a Baxi in the eco range..........any recommendations here??
Definitely a baxi bill 😂

That's cool Matt........ glad you got it sorted mate.

Our boiler is quite old now so changing it seems to be the better option for us anyway.
Got my mate coming around on Wednesday night to have a look.....will go firm on a decision then.
Lorraine and I are sat with the "Mr Heater Portable Fire" in the front room it's doing a good job of keeping us warm :D
The real pain is having no hot water on tap..............like being back in the woods again :rolleyes:🤣
My old boilers at work today:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Back