• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Boot laces.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Is nothing simple these days?

I invested in some new boot laces the other day.
Stripped the old ones from my boots and binned them.
Took the wrapping off of the new laces and pulled them taught to stretch them out.

Could not believe my eyes.......one of the laces was a good 3 inches shorter than the other :eek:
Then I stopped in thought.....now is one shorter.........or is the other one actually longer?
Should I cut the extra 3 inches off to equal the lengths :sad:
What if I mess up and cut too much off!!.........that would make the longer one shorter than the shorter one?

If it were one continuous length it would just be a matter of folding in half and then cutting......would need to tape the ends I suppose to get the perfect lengths.

Why do they make life so difficult??:sad::sneaky::D

What bugs me with laces is the construction , an outer sleeve over a thinner inner core. I've several where the outer sleeve has snapped. On one pair of brown boots one sleeve has come off completely leaving the white inner core. Still does the job but it means I have one white and one brown lace which the cynic in me thinks is their way of trying to get me to buy another pair...

funny, my Meindl boots are on their original laces they're fine except one is missing an aglet at one end. Maybe when they finally fail I'll replace them with leather.

What bugs me with laces is the construction , an outer sleeve over a thinner inner core. I've several where the outer sleeve has snapped. On one pair of brown boots one sleeve has come off completely leaving the white inner core. Still does the job but it means I have one white and one brown lace which the cynic in me thinks is their way of trying to get me to buy another pair...

Could always try some Dyneema........cut it yourself to the exact length you want the laces 👍:xmas-cool:

4mm 100% Dyneema gleistein replacement 12 braid rope line SK78 fibres per metre | eBay

Back