• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Boss-snipe tripod

Medwayman

Quite Addicted

Finally got to try it out after my hash brown incident which is still not helping and I was only playing around basically but i think it is a very good purchase £35 including postage to France, was shooting in a kneeling position and once I have the perfect height i think it will greatly increase accuracy, very light weight but feels good quality, telescopic polls tighten well with removable grip so you can dig into the ground which is what i did, plenty of extension height for standing. only thing i did not like was that there are no incremental measurement markings on the 3 legs which would help extending all the same length but would still recommend, much better than using a back pack on a table which is what i was using beforehand.

Also still not sure which position is best for the scope, nearer me or further away just cant quite get comfortable.
P1370029_Fotor.jpg

just mainly plinking but had to have a quick go at a target, thumb still not helping

It's hard to put into words how to mount a scope but between adjusting the eye relief focus ring on the ocular end of the scope and moving the whole scope backwards and forwards you should gain a clear picture of your target with a narrow, even, dark ring around it. The inner edge of the dark ring should be sharp, even and well defined as should the reticle and target. Lots of trial and error involved.
Once you have the picture right you'll have to re zero the riflescope, starting at 10 yards and working up to zeroing it at a realistic useable range of 25 yards. That doesn't mean that 25 yards is your maximum, just that it is probably a happy average.
I'm going through this myself as I'm getting a bit long sighted these days.

All things being considered.....that is actually not bad shooting @20 yds ish off of shooting sticks with a springer and one injured hand to deal with as well :thumbsup:

Good job :thumbsup:

Back