• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bow ????

A really like the takedown bows, element of survival about them 😊
compound...compound....why you no risson?? :rofl:
Derived from American hunting bows, not normally "taken down".
Recurve as above or here is a "take down"...........:whistle::rofl:
What’s the one to the bottom right lol , caught my eye straight Away 😁
Bottom right, as in my piccy is my Osprey, a recurve flat bow, made in Wales (19) KG Osprey Review - YouTube,
Very fast for a wood bow my favourite for field archery. I treated myself when I got out of hospital ...................

Attachments

• 20130724_104614.jpg
    20130724_104614.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 109
Am still reading a few things on archery, so with that and yous guy I should be in good stead for when I take the plunge on buying one.

I dunno what type of bow you are looking to; but if your first bow, do NOT buy online, go to someone reputable to get properly fitted to your bow, be it flat, long, recurve, or compound.
I've had just toooooooo many people who have come up with a completely wrong bow size/fit/power...................

I dunno what type of bow you are looking to; but if your first bow, do NOT buy online, go to someone reputable to get properly fitted to your bow, be it flat, long, recurve, or compound.
I've had just toooooooo many people who have come up with a completely wrong bow size/fit/power...................

I will take that advice lol, thanks buddy 👍🏻

Reactions: lol
It could save you a lot of money?

I’m always partial to that 😊

looking at all different kinds of bows , it’s always the most simplest ones that catch my eye like the flatbow especially the falco

I’m always partial to that 😊

looking at all different kinds of bows , it’s always the most simplest ones that catch my eye like the flatbow especially the falco
Is there a good club or shop near you that you can visit? I note the "longbow shop" are a stockist and they have a good reputation. A very pretty bow.....
If there's a club with a longbow/field archery section thats in striking distance to you, it would be well worth a visit. Even if it doesn't have such a section and is olympic recurve based....it would still be worth getting involved for initial courses and a basic founding....unless thats already done?
Archery GB or English Field Archery Assoc. might be able to help with clubs and stuff?

Is there a good club or shop near you that you can visit? I note the "longbow shop" are a stockist and they have a good reputation. A very pretty bow.....
If there's a club with a longbow/field archery section thats in striking distance to you, it would be well worth a visit. Even if it doesn't have such a section and is olympic recurve based....it would still be worth getting involved for initial courses and a basic founding....unless thats already done?
Archery GB or English Field Archery Assoc. might be able to help with clubs and stuff?

already have my name down with the local archery club, however Covid has altered the way the club runs at the moment, should know more in the new year, my understanding is existing members can still participate though new members are on hold at the moment.

I have to tread carefully with my time as I have a few sticks in the fire and time will be spread thin after the new year. My thinking is, if I can’t commit to the club at a degree that satisfactory then I still have a few permissions that I use to shoot over that would allow me to play about with the bow, non hunting just targets.

Reactions: Bam
Yes our club is a bit like that...its Archery GB that stipulates what they can do. And liability insurance for you too.
Be VERY wary, certainly before you are properly sorted of taking any bow to a permission.........??

Oh every thing will be tick’ity boo before I loos an arrow lads 😊 all eyes will be dotted and tee’s crossed before I venture out with a bow 👍🏻

I had signed permission for land and insurance before I bought my first air rifle, I have a good reputation with the two landowners I used so it shouldn’t be a problem with organising something 👍🏻

Hi Mark.

Whatever Bow you choose to shoot.

If you have an area with a few trees about on your permission......it would pay you to hang an old dust sheet up between them.....a back stop...... to catch any stray arrows/shafts.....there will be a few :D
Will make your shooting safer and will save you a possible fortune on lost arrows :thumbsup:

Definitely still worth going down the beginners club route if you can before you venture out on your own.

Dust sheets 👍🏻 Good idea buddy, I was going to use one of Sharon’s new bed sheets 😯😂

Definitely buddy, the archery club is a first, and if I can commit to it then it seems like the best place to practice and enjoy the sport without the need to venture anywhere else, if I can’t commit to there time schedule then that was the thought about my old permission’s, I wouldn’t want to take a place in the club if my time was sporadic

Just had a look at the email from the club, spring 2021 is when they will be back in touch with me, I know two lads, one is an instructor and the other a member so hopefully am in lol

Back