• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Boxing boxing day paddle...........0n the Bure

lol

Extremely Addicted
I don't get out enough........in every sense..............

...but today I did, and a nice stop off at Rising Sun at Coltishall.
(I will get a serious trip in ...sometime, I promise!)

Happy Christmas and New Year, peeps.

Attachments

• Bure 27 12 22 b.jpg
    Bure 27 12 22 b.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Bure 27 12 22 c.jpg
    Bure 27 12 22 c.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Bure 27 12 22 a.jpg
    Bure 27 12 22 a.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Bure 27 12 22.jpg
    Bure 27 12 22.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for these Pics. Just yesterday I was telling my wife about the bloke on Life in the Wilderness who paddles and camps British Rivers and waterways. And here you are!

As my wife points out, it might be fresh weather but there are often cheery country pubs with roaring fires accessible from the stream.

A great way to spend Boxing Day! But didn’t you used to paddle double kayak rather than a canoe?

Alan

Thanks for these Pics. Just yesterday I was telling my wife about the bloke on Life in the Wilderness who paddles and camps British Rivers and waterways. And here you are!

As my wife points out, it might be fresh weather but there are often cheery country pubs with roaring fires accessible from the stream.

A great way to spend Boxing Day! But didn’t you used to paddle double kayak rather than a canoe?

Alan
I might have been someone else??

It was boxing....boxing day.
Many here do now paddle and or camp......it has become quite popular, organised and/or wild.......... :(
Years ago I used kayaks (solo), but now I have 2 canoes. For day paddles only, my partner also comes with me, as she did for this trip.
Have not done much wild camping with the canoes last year at all, but as I'm an old git, I've put markers out that this summer, I will not often be available.....there's too much canoe camping/motorcycling and sailing to be done before it's too late!!!!

The Broads are an extensive system in eastern UK that in the summer can get rammed with floating caravanners (Stinkpots.....motorboat s?), but has many more miles not accessible to them. :)
Surprisingly, there are not many (good) riverside pubs on the system, but the Rising Sun's food is definitely worth a stop. Good ales too.......

It was absolutely silent and quiet on the river: despite being winter, it had a tropical feel to the quiet, in that one had been seen...............

2 days later, different stretch of same river........... longer paddle, took the army trangia so we could have a brew up.......... :)
Herons, kingfishers, buzzards and pike.........

Attachments

• Bure s 2 Heron.jpg
    Bure s 2 Heron.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 55
  • Bures 2 again.jpg
    Bures 2 again.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 48
Back