• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Brain Dead, Only In America

Gotta say, this desire to 'get' Trump isn't helping. He's got a week and a half left, these attempts to either get him removed or impeached is just going to play to the sizeable minority that liked Trump. Effectively making him a bit of a martyr.

Don't get me wrong, the man is a horrible human being and I'm looking forward to him having to answer a LOT of questions when he's no longer El Presidente but this seems to have become far too personal to the point of vendetta. To the victor the spoils I suppose.
Seems a tad like that myself and if i'm honest pretty pointless impeaching or invoking the 25th ammendment. Even if he is impeached and can't stand for another term he has sons and supporters that could fill those shoes. For example i read this just recently Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America
If i'm being cynical the only winners here are the lawyers. There's already been one impeachment attempt and Trump himself has brought something like sixty odd unsuccessful legal chalsnges since the election alone.
I agree a horrible human being , as a president i'd say mediocre at best . He does seem to have exasperated the divides in american society but on the other hand he hasn't lived up to the claims that he would start a war , or considering the US has been effectively at war with someone or other since 1941 , he hasn't started a new war and certainly hasn't pressed that big red button. He's also got a very large number of people to vote for him and probably contributed to getting the population off their arses to vote either way. Just going slightly off topic i'm surprised no one has made comments with our referendum results. Neither was a huge landslide percentage wise and since there have been accusations of fraud , irregularities and so on. Do we call those who want Trump to remain in office by the obvious moniker?
Personally i feel one of the worst things he did was to reject things like the Paris climate accord. There are certainly enough people in the US with a similar view and even though Biden is going to reverse the decision i can't help thinking he's going to have an uphill struggle for the next four years.

Truth be known I'm not Joe Biden's greatest fan...He was one of a number of US politicians that backed NORAID though many years of IRA atrocities. He is no friend to the UK.

Truth be known I'm not Joe Biden's greatest fan...He was one of a number of US politicians that backed NORAID though many years of IRA atrocities. He is no friend to the UK.
He's also a career politician, the very reason Trump got in, a lot of Yanks were sick of guys like Biden. Funny how it goes.

Yes , on another forum i use an American poster said that people didn't like Trump but at least he wasn't Hilary Clinton.

We are seeing the emergence of a Banana Republic over the pond. Unelected big business is making decisions for the populace to the point they are dabbling in the internet's version of book burning and silencing those who disagree with their rhetoric.

I am astonished and tbh slightly baffled that I find myself in total agreement with a certain Lamewolf (I know, I'm still recovering myself) He recently said
"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it", anything else is not free speech its a dictatorship." I know part of this is a quote from someone else, however, I think it's right. I have serious problems with what some people have said here, but I respect your right to say it.

I believe the USA needs to hand back it's 'Land of the Free' title as is exits Democracy stage left.

Yes , on another forum i use an American poster said that people didn't like Trump but at least he wasn't Hilary Clinton.
That seemed to be the gist of why a lot voted for Trump, I get the impression that if it had been anyone but Hilary the democrats would have won 4 years ago, even that 'Goddamn commie' Bernie Saunders.

We are seeing the emergence of a Banana Republic over the pond. Unelected big business is making decisions for the populace to the point they are dabbling in the internet's version of book burning and silencing those who disagree with their rhetoric.
That seems to echo a comment i read elsewhere a little while ago. Basically it was being said that capitalism had died some time ago and had been replaced by corporatism , organisations "too large to fail" and with turnovers larger than some countries , influencing , controlling and buying government to their own ends.

Well as we're all locked down and bored I was having a nose on the internet (actually looking for an obituary for the deadpool I do :oopsy: ) I found this.

QAnon: What is it and where did it come from?

There was me thinking the Viking guy was just another attention seeking phuqwit but no, apparently he's a shaman for those lads. Only a matter of time before its over here.... if it isn't already.

tumblr_og6ysj918z1qdpkauo1_500.gif

Yep I read that every day on the US political forum I'm on

Attachments

• tumblr_og6ysj918z1qdpkauo1_500.gif
    tumblr_og6ysj918z1qdpkauo1_500.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Back