• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Brand new unissued Bivvi from Military Mart

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
One or two people have said to me that MilitaryMart Ltd have been getting more expensive and a bit slapdash with the product quality, I really should have listened more. On receiving my new supposedly grade one unissued bivvi bag and unrolling it I found a couple of ungraded faults in the underside....it spoiled my morning a bit so being the kind of guy that shares his feelings I was strait on the phone to the guy at MilitaryMart spoiling his morning and it was on it's way back to him by 12 noon.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 128
Not good mate.....and disappointing when that happens....are they sending another one out to you?

Yes, I've had some awful items sent out when ordering from the website. I know phone up and get them to hand pick something while I'm talking to them to ensure I don't get dross. Sad that you should have to do that :(

That's annoying. Some grading systems are a bit suspect I've always thought, but you would think they would get 'Unissued' grades about right at least..

Over the years, I have bought a lot of stuff from MM, including the recent purchase of the Dutch ! man tent. I have never had poor service from them: my LK 35 rucksack had a query on which they offered an exchange or reduction, but neither was required. Dave at MM recently found me a specific example of the Dutch tent that had flaps over the zips (most don't, hence the problem with leaking through the zips I believe?). It was an older one but perfectly intact, and just needs Fabsil'ing.
I guess when buying used stuff, sometimes what you receive is not what you expect/deserve, and it' s how the vendor responds that matters ultimately?
I have always been very pleased with MM, but Ystranc, if you get no joy, I have a mint Goretex bivvi you can have?

(Won't be til mid Feb when I'm back.....got a plane to catch now, byeeee!!!)

One or two people have said to me that MilitaryMart Ltd have been getting more expensive and a bit slapdash with the product quality, I really should have listened more. On receiving my new supposedly grade one unissued bivvi bag and unrolling it I found a couple of ungraded faults in the underside....it spoiled my morning a bit so being the kind of guy that shares his feelings I was strait on the phone to the guy at MilitaryMart spoiling his morning and it was on it's way back to him by 12 noon.
Is that the same one we spoke about or is that the replacement?

It's the first one Jon.
LOL, the Bivvi from MM was also supposed to be an unissued gortex one in olive (mint condition)
I'm very grateful for the offer LOL, that's very kind.

Last edited:
Well the saga continues, the replacement bivvi arrived as promised. Unfortunately it has more holes than the last one (though admittedly they're smaller)
Secondly, this second bivvi bag isn't British Army issue as advertised and gets really narrow towards the foot. This was supposedly personally checked by Dave.

Unbelievable Mike :rolleyes:.....what a crock of :poo: mate.
So damaging to their business when this sort of news is reported on the forums.
Just does not make sense at all :(

I haven't told them that I'm on any forums yet Bill, I don't like to come over as an "I'll give you a sh!te review unless I get what I want" type of bloke when I deal with people online. I just like people to do the right thing without me having to ride them constantly about it.
I get the impression it's just that they're short of stock and down to the dregs.

I've already emailed Dave at MilitaryMart to that effect. The bag that they've sent me is Gortex but it's more like the ones that are currently selling on eBay for just over £12 plus postage.
I'm actually very unhappy about it.

I was talking to the chap from Endicotts, he said that after 15 years Goretex starts to degrade. I had old DPM waterproofs that have barely been used and they wet out when it's really raining (i.e. when you need them most) After spending more on wash and wax products than the original items cost they never performed as well as new items . So I try and buy as new breathable stuff as I can and it really is noticeable how much better it is.
Hope this helps,
Phil

Bit of a run around your having mike:thumbsdown: hopefully it works itself out and you get what you want mate:thumbsup:
Yes but I may not be getting anything from military mart after this. I think I'll buy stuff like this in person and not over the net in future.

I was talking to the chap from Endicotts, he said that after 15 years Goretex starts to degrade. I had old DPM waterproofs that have barely been used and they wet out when it's really raining (i.e. when you need them most) After spending more on wash and wax products than the original items cost they never performed as well as new items . So I try and buy as new breathable stuff as I can and it really is noticeable how much better it is.
Hope this helps,
Phil

That makes sense, I had a fantastic Goretex jacket for years that no matter what, eventually just wore out.

That makes sense, I had a fantastic Goretex jacket for years that no matter what, eventually just wore out.
Yes, at some point they give up. Funnily enough, was sat watching the fire a few weeks ago on a rainy overnighter and my mate said "my waterproofs have wet through". He was issued them 20 plus years ago...........:)

Back