• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Brew in the wood.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Morning mist was lifting and another sunny day gave a chance for some off road walking practice, not without the essential brew stop naturally.
DSC00371.JPG

Trees felled just in the right place to let wobbly legs sit and rest and get a brew on.. :D
DSC00370.JPG

Nice pictures Sax. Those BCB alloy stoves are handy little things, just ordered one off ebay.;)

Yes, I find it ideal for short day trips as the cooker holds 3 fuel blocks and fits in a Haversack with the rest of the brew kit, grub, water etc: 👍

LOL, you and I have the same brew kit Sax. Although I can't find the bottle just at the moment. I think the boy has pinched it to take to work. I use a Wildo foldacup.

I've never tried those Wildo cups Annie. I've got a few of those little cookers strewn around different kit, that one got christened today, it boils water in the Austrian ally mug in no time at all.
I could save a bit of space/weight but I don't care for drinking from metal cups, usually burn myself, and the plastic mug holds the plastic milk bottle and stops it from getting squashed in the bag

I feel the same about metal mugs. Can't get on with them to drink out of. I've seen little silicone sippy things to stick on the lip of metal cups, but I don't fancy them.

I’ve got a selection of metal mugs that I very rarely have drunk out of, I always had one in my webbing as a fallback and I’ve got one in the boot of my car for the same reason.

mate you using the BCB stove with hexi or the fire dragon gel blocks?

I use the Fire Dragon Gel blocks, 38. Prices vary but I get the cheaper issue ones that come loose in a bag/packet, rather than the in.. a pretty box Civvy ones. Not a great difference..6 for £1.98 against £ 2.50 for 6 boxed, but I do use quite a few being a brewaholic.. :D

I feel the same about metal mugs. Can't get on with them to drink out of. ....
one alternative to the "hot lips" syndrome with metal mugs is a double-walled jobbie. i don't fancy hot drinks in plastic so that's why i went this route.
these are the so-called "vacuum sealed" things that keep your cool drinks cool and your warm drinks warm, or so they say.
mine is copper plated so it's taken on a nice patina. bit of knotwork on the handle to make it mine.
wide selection on fleabay, can get them for 4-6 quid if you poke around a bit.

copper-tone-mug.png

I use the Firedragon gel fuel in mine. I decants some from the big bottle to a travel bottle and squirt the required amount out when I need it works out even cheaper.

:D Looks like another one today too, in this weather, Mark. I'm taking Annie's tip about the Gel fuel from the bottle. I've just shopped around comparing prices for one litre...Some sellers should be shot at the prices they charge.

Went for Millets at £4 per litre rather than Amazon at £16.21 per Litre....:lol:

It's worth keeping an eye on Millets every now and then they sell their fuel at half price. I got 1 litre of biofuel for the trangia and 2 litres of gel fuel for a fiver last march, just before the lockdown. I stupidly thought I'd be camping last year...... we all know how that turned out. But it doesn't seem to go off, so money well spent.

Back