• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Brew with a view.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
The past few weeks have been a Merry Go Round of visiting relatives, a new boat that needed 'Sailorising' to suit my requirements and the ongoing saga of my Sister, Solicitors, Social services and now the DVLA with a Driving licence cancellation/retraction...Not mine..

Today being another hot and sunny day I escaped to one of my favourite 'chilling spots'.
The lake is covered with weed after many dry sunny days, today was no exception and the water by the Bridge was motionless and reflecting the sunlight.
DSC00726.JPG

I noticed the Forester's marks on many Ash Trees during my walk. It's a Death warrant for this coming Winter when all the trees affected by Ash Die Back will be felled.
DSC00724.JPG

Even young trees are affected unfortunately.
DSC00725.JPG

The Maple leaves are tuning brown and beginning to fall in the natural yearly cycle, a sign of the advancing Autumn.
DSC00723.JPG

Up to join the Spirits of the Old Folk at the hill overlooking the coast and lakes.
DSC00729.JPG

Two sounds carry to this high place, the laughter of children playing on the Beach in the far distance.
DSC00730.JPG

And the sound of a big Tractor not far away as it crawled across the meadows cutting the Bracken which grows so readily here and has to be controlled to allow grass to grow for the Sheep grazing.
DSC00728.JPG

Flaked out in the hot sun and a brew with a view.
DSC00731.JPG

On the way home in the evening (long shadow) a pleasing sight and thoughts struck me about the area and people where I live.
The Farmers here often just leave their multi hundred pound tractors in the fields at the end of a days work, as this one did. I noticed his 4x4 parked in the field on my way out in the morning, and on the way home he had left his Tractor ready for the next days work. Nobody will interfere with it or steal it, so it makes sense not to trundle it all the way back to the farm. A welcome day's R and R. :thumbsup:
DSC00732.JPG

Back